Dinner Thursday 18th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of ideas so I'm making Kudu sausages (boerewors) with chakalaka and pap.
:huh: I don't know what kudu sausages or even boerewors are. I know what chakalaka is, because you posted the recipe. Lost on the pap as well. Please describe.

Just got up and still rubbing sleep out of my eyes. Going to have to come up with a "company dinner" as my brother and his wife are coming back tonight. I have ham to use up so it might be brandied chicken tonight. I'll post back when I'm awake.

:huh: I don't know what kudu sausages or even boerewors are. I know what chakalaka is, because you posted the recipe. Lost on the pap as well. Please describe.

Boerewors is a traditional South African sausage made with ground beef, lamb or even game. It's not cut into small sausages but instead it's left long and cut after cooking. We usually BBQ the boerewors and serve it with pap or on Hotdog buns with relish.

Pap is maizemeal. We cook it like polenta and serve it with savoury meals or make a soft porridge and eat it with milk and sugar for breakfast.

I could send you a traditional boerewors recipe if you have a sausage maker or have a butcher that will do it for you :)

Must pick will it be beef,pork meat loaf,rest of dad's beans or baked fish and baked potatoes with dill topping? Argggg can't make up my mind and I have dialysis friends counting on me for tomorrow and nurses as well. ACKKKK how do I choose.
kades

Must pick will it be beef,pork meat loaf,rest of dad's beans or baked fish and baked potatoes with dill topping? Argggg can't make up my mind and I have dialysis friends counting on me for tomorrow and nurses as well. ACKKKK how do I choose.
kades

Have the fish! Brain food, it will help you think :LOL:

I've started a thread with my boerewors recipe and a picture to show you what it looks like. I've also explained what both are in this thread. Hope this helps :)

I'm going to make nachos from the leftover chicken mixture I used in the chimichitos the other night.

After meatloaf and hamburgers this week, I'm thinking something a bit lighter. I have some flavored chicken breasts in the freezer that I can microwave so we may just go with salads and chicken.

The short ribs I didn't do yesterday are in the oven and smell so good! I found three recipes, wasn't really thrilled with any one in particular so took parts of each and made my own. We will see how they taste! ;)

Sides will be roasted yam wedges, and steamed broccoli with a DH safe cheese sauce!

I am wondering if one can cook kielbasa in Apple cider/ or combine with another liquid. And still serve with sauerkraut.

I didn't think about this at the time, but I bought SK, kielbasa at the store and fresh caraway seeds at Penzeys. And a jug of apple cider, which I used a quarter cup for another recipe.

Well for the last two days it's just been me and my step-daughter eating supper. DH is out on a business trip and won't be back home tonight until after supper. And next week he will be gone again so I'm cooking a variety of meals for this weekend and next week since it'll just basically be me eating. So tonight it will either be Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Chili, or Black Eyed Peas with Pepper sauce, onions and jalapenos...

Back
Top Bottom