Dinner - Thursday 1st February, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Well, if yesterday was the last of February today is a new beginning!

Today I have defrosted some beef mince, and put it in a pan with chopped carrots, onion, fresh tomato, garlic, a bit of pesto (the scrapings of a jar), a little beef stock, a whole shoal of anchovies and cooked the whole lot and now have topped with sliced potato on top of which I am thinking of putting a little cheese and bread crumbs. Goodness knows what it will taste like (think the potato will get to dry, all though the meat is juicy!) but it smells good and I'm running down supplies! :)

Not a brilliant transition into DH's pudding, which I think will be pineapple fritters, with some Vin Santo icecream I want to get out of the freezer.

Edited to add: supper was actually delicious, despite my misgivings, and, as part of my plan to use turkey more often I'll try it again soon with turkey instead of beef.

Last edited:
yesterday was the last of January :)

We will have Rouladen today, together with Spaetzle and red cabbage ;o)
we invited some friends for dinner.. they should arrive soon ;o)

Thanks Cara, thinking with half my brain again...of course January..I'm blushing now!

I'm not sure yet. I'm leaning towards homemade pizza as I've never attempted this before but I might wait till the weekend to do this. If not then I'll probably attempt another dish I've never tried making before as I'm feeling in a creative mood.

I got called in to work tonight so I'll be leaving coq au vin in the oven for my family. (Got to go find that recipe now) I just whipped up some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and I'm contemplating taking an orange cornmeal pound cake to work for a coworkers last night. Whoo! Look at me go! I had a good sleep last night!

undecided. got chix, so may thaw that, cook accompainants, then a stock.

....and here I thought that I started the thread for yesterday all wrong:wacko:

DH took me to dinner last night instead of coming home and cooking, ok by me.

Recipes : Dad's Meatloaf with Tomato Relish : Food Network
I think I may attempt this for tonight. If not, Sizzlin's goulash will be on the table. I have those ingreds but not for the meatloaf, feeling under the weather may dictate which one I do, go shopping or stay warm inside.
Ond of thesd days, I really must tackle the fear of meatloaf.

Last edited:
Got a nice beef roast in the crockpot early this morning and I just got done making cole slaw. Of course I will make some mashed potatoes. Apple dumplings for dessert. (They are Pepperidge Farm ones, you get them in the frozen food dept.) Very good and easy.;)

lazy me today...Fixing shredded beef tacos, with all the goodies, cheese,lettuce,tomatoes,onions, then some refried beans and rice in chicken broth and sauteed onions..dessert...baked blackberry type cobbler thing with either some whiped cream or ice cream.

kadesma;)

jake & i got dinner earlier....., me tofu & sauteed beans, soup, rice (not fond of rice..... uck) & he got chix, tea & rice.. we'll probably cook another dinner soon with my chix or another item.

I am making sundried tomato and feta turkey burgers. I made the patties a few weeks ago and froze them, and I made hamburger buns over the weekend and froze them too.

I am reviewing the Calorie Countdown cookbook by Juan-Carlos Cruz (the Calorie Commando on the food network) for my local newspaper, so I am going to make his air fries to go with my burgers.

Also, brussel sprouts from Barefoot in Paris.

I baked a ham today - first meal I've cooked in a couple of days - and made fresh green beans - will make garlic mashed potatoes. Has anyone used the already made cheesecake filling? I got some for our tea party Tuesday and everyone loved it. I put it in the tiny phylo shells. So easy and I just topped it with strawberries. I may make some tonight since our grandson is staying over.

I sauteed broccoli, red onion, carrots, garlic and squash and tossed them with penne and a light tomato sauce. Dessert was a slice of leftover apple pie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom