Dinner Thursday 24th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What cut is a pork fillet, Kylie?

I might have pork tonight, too. Maybe piccata.

Pac, the pork fillet is also known as a pork tenderloin :)

It is one of the most tender parts as the muscles are used for posture rather than locomotion...it is the muscle along the central spine...very tender and very tasty :)

Thanks for that recipe Cerise, I've never heard of it. I think I'd like it with some mushrooms and artichoke hearts too, as she suggested. Yumm. :yum:

Tonight I made individual Cottage Pies with pre packaged beef tips, caramelized onions, mushrooms, peas, gravy and topped with mashed potatoes leftover from last night. Spinach salad will round it all out.

Tenderloin, gotcha Kylie.
Do you cook the whole tenderloin or filet it and cook it as a thick steak, like a filet mignon?

My pork picatta. Made from pork loin (not to be confused with tenderloin ;)).

Attachments

• Picatta.jpg
    Picatta.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 148
Thanks for that recipe Cerise, I've never heard of it. I think I'd like it with some mushrooms and artichoke hearts too, as she suggested. Yumm. :yum:

Tonight I made individual Cottage Pies with pre packaged beef tips, caramelized onions, mushrooms, peas, gravy and topped with mashed potatoes leftover from last night. Spinach salad will round it all out.

You're welcome. You read my mind. I added both, & the house smells wonderful. Everyones dinners sounds delish. :chef:

Last edited:
we very rarely have leftovers, we tend to use just enough for 2 people :)

When we cook chicken dishes, we only use one chicken breast and if we use beef mince, we only use about 250g of mince...so with the pork fillet, we had a full one that we cut in half and freeze half and use the other half for the recipe...so really only cooking what we need :)

Then we can have a different meal every night! ;)

---

That is truly a culinary art that I have yet to master.
--

Tonight dinner is beef and bean and cheese and onion burritos. Salsa and sour cream. Costco jarred peaches.

Made a "sort-of" pad Thai today. I used chicken and shrimp, only had rice vermicelli noodles, no bean sprouts and made a couple of other adjustments for our food allergies and it turned out absolutely delicious!

One of my best experiments yet! And I threw it together in a few minutes and not feeling great (a new pain spike but nothing serious - normal for this time of year) :)

Last edited:
Tenderloin, gotcha Kylie.
Do you cook the whole tenderloin or filet it and cook it as a thick steak, like a filet mignon?

My pork picatta. Made from pork loin (not to be confused with tenderloin ;)).

You can do that Pac, but most times we have had it have been either sliced or cubed

Your meal looks great!

Okay, Cerise, I am so making this on the weekend! I am trying to find ways I can kick up flavour when I mostly have to stick to poultry and can't have a lot of other things. I will make the peas and potatoes for TB and will add the artichokes for me. I love mushrooms but am allergic to them (weird I know) so I will leave them out. This is so simple and sounds delicious!

Thanks! :)

Thanks Kylie.
And I figure some people put potato chips on certain casseroles, why not Cheerios ;)

I had not even heard of people putting chips on casseroles...I guess for the crunch factor...sounds good, love chips :yum:

I had not even heard of people putting chips on casseroles...I guess for the crunch factor...sounds good, love chips :yum:

I think someone just posted a recipe on here in the last couple weeks with crushed potato chips on top. It's not something I've ever eaten myself, but I've read about it being done. Maybe I'll look for it. I'm not doing anything else :cool:

Back
Top Bottom