Dinner Thursday, 27th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made Beef Stroganoff and Waldorf Salad.
No pictures, I dropped and broke my camera the other day.

I wish I had thought that far ahead. I'm not sure I can eat one of my half pound hamburgers with one hand. I guess I'll have to slip off the sling for a while.

Ahh, just get your face closer to the plate! :LOL:

My Buffalo Jerk wings :pig:

Attachments

• wings 9-27.jpg
    wings 9-27.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 136
Never heard of that. Please tell us about it.

Pap is a traditional african maize flour that is made into a firm savory porridge (similar to polenta but it's white). We cook it slowly with salt for about 2 hours then add butter for flavour. Morogo is wild spinach (amaranth) beetroot or chard leaves work well too. Chop leaves of 1 bunch (with the stalks), lightly fry the stalks with one chopped onion. 2 chopped tomatoes, curry powder, salt and pepper, add the leaves and cook till tender. Stir in one tablespoon of peanut butter and add chopped salted peanuts if desired.

The Morogo is then served with the pap. We make small balls of pap with our hands and dip it into the morogo or a tomato and onion relish.

The dish is commonly served with any bbq meat like ribs, t-bone steak, chuck steak or chicken.

Thank you Kylie1969, It was a nice evening with 8 children, 17 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren, My dad is 85 and mom 80 and they are still going strong.
So what was for dinner
We had baked scrod, lasagna, veal cutlets, baked chicken, mashed potates, carrots, salads, and a big cake.

Pap is a traditional african maize flour that is made into a firm savory porridge (similar to polenta but it's white). We cook it slowly with salt for about 2 hours then add butter for flavour. Morogo is wild spinach (amaranth) beetroot or chard leaves work well too. Chop leaves of 1 bunch (with the stalks), lightly fry the stalks with one chopped onion. 2 chopped tomatoes, curry powder, salt and pepper, add the leaves and cook till tender. Stir in one tablespoon of peanut butter and add chopped salted peanuts if desired.

The Morogo is then served with the pap. We make small balls of pap with our hands and dip it into the morogo or a tomato and onion relish.

The dish is commonly served with any bbq meat like ribs, t-bone steak, chuck steak or chicken.
Thank you. Sounds interesting.

Thank you Kylie1969, It was a nice evening with 8 children, 17 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren, My dad is 85 and mom 80 and they are still going strong.
So what was for dinner
We had baked scrod, lasagna, veal cutlets, baked chicken, mashed potates, carrots, salads, and a big cake.

Your welcome LC :)

Wow, that sure is one big family!

Sounds like a wonderful meal and wonderful company :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom