Dinner Thursday 28th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yum! Your sauce sounds good, homemade or bought?

I'm making chilli ginger hake with mashed sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

Wow.... so I guess no one in the western hemisphere is eating tonight. :LOL:

We're doing dinner salads. I made a salad to take to a function last weekend, so there are still lots of salad fixings in the fridge along with some homemade honey mustard dressing. I'll probably just saute up a chicken breast and add it for protein.

I'm making this for dinner tonight.
I was going to ask how in the world I missed that when you posted it, but I guess you posted it two days before I joined DC.

The flavors in your meatloaf sound right up my alley, and I happen to have several pounds of ground lamb in the freezer. I think it will be on the menu for next week.

I can't decide. I have some pork in the fridge, but I'm not in the mood for that. I am thinking of just a couple of deviled eggs (didn't have eggs this morning) and some steamed green beans.

I was going to ask how in the world I missed that when you posted it, but I guess you posted it two days before I joined DC.

The flavors in your meatloaf sound right up my alley, and I happen to have several pounds of ground lamb in the freezer. I think it will be on the menu for next week.

I hope you like it.

I'm not sure what's for dinner - I've told my son he needs to cook with me once a week to get used to it before he goes away to school in the fall. He took a cooking class in school, but that was just the extreme basics, and cookies/cake.

I'm thinking we'll probably go get some grass fed beef since he loves red meat, and I've got lots of produce from the farmers market... so maybe fingerings and skinny asparagus.

Thanks, jkath. We like the meat mixture because it's so versatile. With the bread crumbs and egg it's a meatloaf and without, they can be burgers, meatballs, or kebabs.

Chicken salad (lime grilled chicken breasts), green and red grapes, bleu cheese, celery, red onion, on torn romaine - topped with either chopped walnuts or garlic/ginger won ton strips.

The happy couple came over to go over wedding plans and then we went out to Golden Corral. Had a lovely salad and a nice small steak with mushrooms.

I took some vegi stock and simmered little meatballs in it. Then I sweated some julienned vegis and them to the stock to make it into vegetable soup. I served it with heavy, German, rye bread. It turned out really good and satisfying.

Sorry about all the shininess in the photo:

20130228_192217.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.... so I guess no one in the western hemisphere is eating tonight. :LOL:...

I was going to wait until Kylie starts tomorrow's thread and say what I had last night :huh: or something like that :LOL:

I'm having fish and veggies tonight. They are both in the oven as I type.

I'm in the hospital for a blood transfusion, so had dinner here. Meatloaf, boiled potatoes and steamed green beans. Not too bad, considering.

Well don't let them keep you too long GG, and don't let anything slow you down either. :)

I made tuna melts on english muffins with a handful of chips and glass of milk. The girls were especially attentive at dinner time tonight. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom