Dinner Thursday 28th March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we went out for my boy's birthday to his favourite japanese teppanyaki place for dinner.

we had their standard fare of onion/mushroom clear soup, then salads with ginger dressing. next were some sushi appys (california roll, tuna roll, and salmon skin roll).
for our dinners, we had fried rice, noodles, mixed veggies, sauteed mushrooms, shrimp, chicken, scallops, and filet mignon, all cooked on the griddle (the teppan) and served with mustard and ginger dipping sauces.

dessert was green tea ice cream, sliced fresh pineapple, and hot green teas.

of course we got the special bansai celebration for him where the hosts don a dragon head and sing "haddy dur day", then scream bansai 3 times for good luck.

it was fun and we were stuffed. here's dw and my boy in front of a samurai statue in their garden in front of the restaurant on the way out:

img_1252865_0_e5671245a4b82a13e12d749a10fedf28.jpg
Sounds like fun! Happy Birthday to your son!

We had left over stew. :yum:

Last edited:
thanks dawg and barbara.

hope your jaw doesn't hurt tomorrow, dawg. temps never lasted in my more than a day or so. they shattered too easily. i must bite down like a crocodile.

and yes, good news steve. the worst part of an injury isn't the pain; it's the boredom.

I had a late breakfast yesterday so I wasn't hungry for lunch. Then I had Master Gardener class where they usually have some sort of dinner. Last night there was only sweets and one small bowl of pesto pasta for 30 people. So I texted DH to let him know I was going to be hungry when I got home. He had leftover stuffed shells warmed up for me and had made garlic bread. Tasted really good.

So glad this Master Gardener class is almost over. I love the classes but I really missed cooking dinner.

Happy birthday to your son, Bucky. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Last edited:
we went out for my boy's birthday to his favourite japanese teppanyaki place for dinner.

we had their standard fare of onion/mushroom clear soup, then salads with ginger dressing. next were some sushi appys (california roll, tuna roll, and salmon skin roll).
for our dinners, we had fried rice, noodles, mixed veggies, sauteed mushrooms, shrimp, chicken, scallops, and filet mignon, all cooked on the griddle (the teppan) and served with mustard and ginger dipping sauces.

dessert was green tea ice cream, sliced fresh pineapple, and hot green teas.

of course we got the special bansai celebration for him where the hosts don a dragon head and sing "haddy dur day", then scream bansai 3 times for good luck.

it was fun and we were stuffed. here's dw and my boy in front of a samurai statue in their garden in front of the restaurant on the way out:

img_1252948_0_e5671245a4b82a13e12d749a10fedf28.jpg
Another b'day already? Didn't you post about his birthday a couple of months ago? Wow, how time flies. Sounds like it was a lot of fun and he's looking so grown up. Don't know if that is a good thing or not...

Great to hear this Steve...nothing can stop you now, very pleased for you :)

I'm so excited today. For those who don't know, I took a bad fall on the ice back in February and ended up fracturing my ankle in several places. This was followed by surgery to fasten everything back together and several weeks of very limited mobility. Since then, my poor wife - who doesn't cook much - has been doing her best to keep us nourished. I've cooked a few meals from the confines of a wheelchair, but for the most part it's been a lot of takeout and restaurant food.

So I went to the doctor this morning for a follow-up x-ray and assessment. I honestly thought he would tell me it would be another month before I could put any weight on the ankle. Imagine my surprise when he said everything looks good and "Let's start you on physical therapy right away and get you walking again!" I literally went from his office over to the PT's to start rehab. PT couldn't have gone better. She said my range of motion was "excellent" and even had me stand on one leg (yes, the bad one :ohmy:) to prove to me, Doubting Thomas, that it would hold my full weight.

While things aren't 100%, I feel like I now have a little of my life back again. So tonight I will celebrate by COOKING. I have a pork loin in the fridge, a bag of potatoes, and some veggies. I'll see what I can come up with (and hopefully without overdoing it). :)

Back
Top Bottom