Dinner Thursday 28th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftovers tonight. Still have chili from Tuesday and pasta and veg from yesterday.

When I went to start the peanut soup, I was out of celery. DH called from work about that time and was making a few stops on the way home so supper would be delayed. He ate the leftover spaghetti and I made myself a fried egg sandwich. Today I hit the grocery store since the yungun is moving home this weekend. Need to stock up on food for him. Guess I'll figure it out when I get to the store. I still may do the soup tonight. I'm considering replacing the regular peanut butter with some cashew butter from Trader Joe's I have in the cupboard.

Dinner tonight will be bone-in chicken marinated and then grilled. On the side we will have brown rice pilaf and a gratin of veggies baked in the oven and topped with feta cheese. I also have three over-ripe bananas to bake into banana bread, so i'll take advantage of the oven being on.

Leftovers tonight. SO's girlfriend from Chicago is coming for the weekend so we're in prep mode.

Man, I'm getting hungry this morning. Probably because I ate early last night. And it's cool compared to what it has been.
I'm counting the minutes until lunch. Lunch will be some smoked salmon & shrimp in a white sauce over egg noodles. I've got half a mind to turn it into a casserole with toasted bread crumbs, but I don't think I can wait that long.

What's that? You'll be wearing sweaters tied around your neck and penny loafers?
:ROFLMAO:

And lime green slacks and a pink polo shirt. :LOL:

This is PREParation mode. You know, clean the house, company's coming! I'm actually cleaning the kitchen right now.

Wow. I think I found the best use yet for that failed fish fatty. If it had been made with medium sized shrimp, I'd be even more in heaven right now. I've got a little sauce leftover that I think I'll serve over cauliflower tonight.

lol, pac. in his zod and loafers, his name is ahn-drew.

dw just went out to get her talons sharpened, and the veal and peppers came out great last night, so we'll have that with some spiggity when she gets home.

Husband in SA till tomorrow night, only found out at lunch time so Pastitsio didn't happen.
Asked the kids what they wanted instead. We ended up having pap (white polenta) with a ground beef curry sauce and a truck load of chocolate lol!

I'm not sure. We have lots of great meats in the freezer, but it is supposed to be over 100 degrees today and the next few days and I don't want to be in the kitchen too long. I might go with the macaroni and cheese, and Lil' Smokies that I ended up not fixing the other night. :cool:

I'm not sure. We have lots of great meats in the freezer, but it is supposed to be over 100 degrees today and the next few days and I don't want to be in the kitchen too long. I might go with the macaroni and cheese, and Lil' Smokies that I ended up not fixing the other night. :cool:

Mac and cheese with Smokies :( That sounds delicious! I think I'm going to bed before I eat something I shouldn't :LOL:
It's nearly 10pm here, eating is now is not a good idea. Plus Daniel had loads of chocolate so I think it's pajama drill for me tonight!

Mac and cheese with Smokies :( That sounds delicious! I think I'm going to bed before I eat something I shouldn't :LOL:
It's nearly 10pm here, eating is now is not a good idea. Plus Daniel had loads of chocolate so I think it's pajama drill for me tonight!
LOL Sleep well Odette!

I'm not sure what is for supper yet. I've got a container of something on slow defrost in the microwave. I couldn't decide on anything specific for dinner, so I'm taking my chances on a mystery meal from the freezer. All I know so far is it is brown, thick, has mushrooms in it and has a strong beefy aroma. No carrots though, so I know it isn't stew... it has peaked my interest as to what it could be.

Geez, it was meatloaf... I can't even remember the last time I made meatloaf, but it sure did freeze well :chef:
I say was, because with all the prodding and stirring, it turned from sliced meatloaf to more of a "looser" textured meatloaf :rolleyes:
I will serve it over buttered toast and with some buttered veggies. I've got half a mind telling me to make mashed potatoes, but I have the other half saying no... a salad will do.

I'm not sure what is for supper yet. I've got a container of something on slow defrost in the microwave. I couldn't decide on anything specific for dinner, so I'm taking my chances on a mystery meal from the freezer. All I know so far is it is brown, thick, has mushrooms in it and has a strong beefy aroma. No carrots though, so I know it isn't stew... it has peaked my interest as to what it could be.

That is like the bin of cans without labels they used to have in our little grocery store when I was a kid.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom