Dinner Thursday 29th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I make it to the store today for capers... and I plan to because I need some more HOT DOG buns :rolleyes:... I'll make the picatta tonight I had wanted last night.

Hi Kylie Hi Pac

I need to get to the store today too. Been putting off going, didn't need to go out since Black Friday (almost a week ago) and no crowds for me! Not even a grocer's.

I Am going to make split peas soup. Been craving it since it got prominent mention around DC lately. I have a bag of peas and no other ingreds Well, that's easily taken care of. But I thought of a couple things to buy for Christmas, so that's where I will probably find myself in trouble. I am not usually a shopper. Have a great day/ Have a great evening.

Morning Whiska. I'm not big on crowds either. Tis the season for crowds though :(

I'm thinking fish but not sure yet. The pea soup mentioned here sounds good and I have some in the freezer that I made a couple of months ago. I love making it in the crock-pot over-night and waking up to the smell of that smoked ham hock :yum:

No offense, Kylie. I realize you and other members are in different time zones, but please allow other members to start the dinner thread. TIA

I'm defrosting shoulder lamb chops that will be marinated in oil & balsamic, dijon mustard, garlic cloves & fresh basil. The chops will be grilled on my indoor grill. The "side" will be a Greek penne pasta salad with oil & vinagar, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced black olives, halved cherry tomatoes & feta crumbles.

I'm thinking spaghetti tonight. Got a lb. of sausage out of the freezer so will brown that up and add to the tomato sauce. Have all the salad fixins to go with it too.

making pasta with greens and short ribs that have been going for several hours now,peas with bacon, green salad, cookies for dessert.
kades

I cant see what the problem is Cerise :ermm:

I have my tea at the time that I start the post, as others would start the post when they have their tea, I cannot see what the issue is with myself or Snip for that matter starting the thread when we have our tea, different time zone or not!

When others have their tea, they just need to add to the thread then, that is what I would do :)

No offense, Kylie. I realize you and other members are in different time zones, but please allow other members to start the dinner thread. TIA

I'm defrosting shoulder lamb chops that will be marinated in oil & balsamic, dijon mustard, garlic cloves & fresh basil. The chops will be grilled on my indoor grill. The "side" will be a Greek penne pasta salad with oil & vinagar, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced black olives, halved cherry tomatoes & feta crumbles.

Kylie, in the U.S., we don't have "tea" as a meal. Must have to do with that tea party thing a couple hundred years ago ;) In fact, it sounds funny, as in cute, to me when you say "I just had tea, now I'm having a cup of tea." So is that lunch, or another meal?

I don't see a problem with your posting the dinner thread, either.

Last edited:
Kylie, in the U.S., we don't have "tea" as a meal. Must have to do with that tea party thing a couple hundred years ago ;) In fact, it sounds funny, as in cute, to me when you say "I just had tea, now I'm having a cup of tea." So is that lunch, or another meal?

I don't see a problem with your posting the dinner thread, either.

Too funny! And agreed, start the dinner thread if you wish. :)

image-4109136876.jpg

Mmmmmm lamb shanks. They are going with my Persian fava bean rice....hops my tah-dig comes out!

I cant see what the problem is Cerise :ermm:

I have my tea at the time that I start the post, as others would start the post when they have their tea, I cannot see what the issue is with myself or Snip for that matter starting the thread when we have our tea, different time zone or not!

When others have their tea, they just need to add to the thread then, that is what I would do :)

LoooooL what's the problem ?!! I just had a cup of tea as well :D in my country we have tea anytime :D

Back
Top Bottom