Dinner, thursday, 3/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kitchenelf said:
Enjoy all those carrots!!!! I've got a recipe somewhere around here (I feel sure it's on the "net" too, for a casserole using grated carrots, maybe some cream, and horseradish - I can't remember what else is in there right now.

Hey Elf, I googled, grated carrots, cream, and horseradish and really only came up with one recipe, for Carrot Apple Horseradish Salad. I have everything but the apples, so thought I would sub MORE carrots:LOL: . But you thought your recipe was a casserole?:huh:

I'm FINALLY going to get my lasagna tonight. AHHHHH! There will also be a salad, (feeling caesarish tonight) and some bread. Dessert will be ice cream MAPLE WALNUT! WOOHOO!

I started drooling reading through this thread, it all sounds fantastic. I think tomorrow I'm going to do something with my little zucchinis I found at the store. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. (European folks, are those called courgettes over there? And aubergines are what we call eggplant right? Purply upside down lightbulb shaped thingies?)

Tonight's dinner was a big hit!! : )

I pounded some boneless skinless chicken breasts extra thin, then rolled them up with some local fresh goat cheese & some fresh basil leaves. Then sauteed them up in extra-virgin olive oil.

Served them with a side of lovely fresh "Bright Lights" Swiss Chard, first blanched, then sauteed with lots of roughly chopped garlic & extra-virgin olive oil.

Husband scraped up every little bit, as did I. : )

Roasted buffalo chicken sausages with yukon potatoes, tossed with red pepper strips and shallots.

Salad with crumbles of bleu and candied walnuts

chessmen cookies and tea for dessert.

(I am soooooooooo ready for my cocktail:glare::glare::glare:)

refried beans, over easy eggs with covered with hot sauce and flour tortillas

VeraBlue,
I'm drooling with your dinner. And yes, what are chessmen cookies BTW?

Last edited:
I made a beef bottom round roast with carrots, red potatoes, and onions. I cooked it for about 4 hours. The house smelled so good. I made rice and cornbread to go along with it.

tapas- crab rangoons, soups, lamb, musssels siam, lemongrass martini, dumplings, etcetera, then drinks. delicious.

Last edited:
corazon said:
Aidan just told me he wants chocolate rice casserole for dinner :ermm:

He says you just put some chocolate in there and some cheese. :LOL:

I don't have a clue what we'll really be having. I feel like noodles. What I'd like is some thai food.

Lol Cora. That's so cute :LOL: .

I had a couple slices of cheese pizza with onions.

Barb L. said:
Yum ! when's dinner, my favorite !!
Dinner is any time you make it down south here Barb:chef:
Tonight was my 1st asparagus of the season, (don't know where it came from) but it was great! I think the tag on the asparagus had Dole printed on it. I can't wait till real tamaters show up:LOL:

BreezyCooking said:
Tonight's dinner was a big hit!! : )

I pounded some boneless skinless chicken breasts extra thin, then rolled them up with some local fresh goat cheese & some fresh basil leaves. Then sauteed them up in extra-virgin olive oil.

Served them with a side of lovely fresh "Bright Lights" Swiss Chard, first blanched, then sauteed with lots of roughly chopped garlic & extra-virgin olive oil.

Husband scraped up every little bit, as did I. : )

I've got to try those "Bright Lights" Breeze.
Are they served hot or at room temp?

JohnL - "Bright Lights" Swiss Chard is great no matter how you use it. I grow it every year in the garden, but also buy it when the local market has nice big fresh bunches. I just can't resist it, & it's SO good for you. There's nothing I love better than variety in my vegetables.

Anyway, I've always served it hot. I bring a pot of water to a boil & add the chopped stems for about 5 minutes (the stems take longer to cook then the leaves). After 5 minutes, I add the leaves, & after just a couple of minutes pour the whole shebang into a colander. I then just heat some extra-virgin olive oil, add all the blanched chard, along with several cloves of roughly chopped garlic, a little salt, & sometimes some crushed red pepper flakes. Absolutely delicious, & pairs well with both chicken & fish dishes.

Thursday I ordered Pizza in and I got two of the individual Pan Pizzas with double cheese and an order of Baked Cinnanon Sticks.

The little pizzas were very salty and I was up all night drinking water.

The next time I want to order in I think I will have Chinese.

Katie E said:
Pray tell, Vera, what are chessmen cookies?

Hi to you and Dina..sorry for the delay...

Chessman cookies are a shortbread cookie with a hint of a glaze on them, enough to make the shiny. Positively decadent in their plainness..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom