Dinner Thursday 4th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We did have something planned for dinner tonight, but Steve rang and said since we will be out tonight doing a few things, he wants KFC instead, I thought, well who am I to argue with that :LOL:

So KFC it is!

We will probably have Twisters as we love them, but I am thinking maybe some wicked wings instead, have to decide when we get there :)

We did have something planned for dinner tonight, but Steve rang and said since we will be out tonight doing a few things, he wants KFC instead, I thought, well who am I to argue with that :LOL:

So KFC it is!

We will probably have Twisters as we love them, but I am thinking maybe some wicked wings instead, have to decide when we get there :)

+ mash and gravy for me! :LOL:

I'm making beef shin stew with mushrooms, carrots and onions. Buttered samp to go with it :yum:
It's bloody cold today :wacko:

We'll probably have must-go. It's supposed to be beautiful here today, sunny and around 60, and I want to get out in our "new" car. There is a kitchen goody shop about 20 miles away and I want to spend a lot of time and a little money. I have just enough leftovers so we can go out and still eat home-cooked tonight.

+ mash and gravy for me! :LOL:

I'm making beef shin stew with mushrooms, carrots and onions. Buttered samp to go with it :yum:
It's bloody cold today :wacko:

Just remembered I have marrow bones in the freezer :yum: I'll add them to my stew too! I've got 2 lbs of meat and 2 lbs of marrow, think I better skip lunch to save room :pig:

lol, kylie. it never ocurred to me that "kentucky" fried chicken would be in oz.

unless it stands for kookaburra fried chicken... ;)

i'm hoping for sushi/sashimi tonight. i love ir so much that i gave it up for lent, so i can't wait.

dw got sick the last time we had it, so it may take some negotiating.

dw," what do you want for dinner?,"

me, mumbling, " err sushi"

dw:: "sushi?"

me: " ok, whatever you want, honey. i'm out tje spor, i'll call when i get there to see what's good and what you want.".

and i'm out the door....

:ROFLMAO: Tom

I hope it wasnt kookaburra I ate tonight ;) :LOL:

I did have wicked wings, potato and gravy and chips, Steve had a Tower Burger with chips...it was nice for a treat, as we try not to have it very often

:ROFLMAO: Tom

I hope it wasnt kookaburra I ate tonight ;) :LOL:

I did have wicked wings, potato and gravy and chips, Steve had a Tower Burger with chips...it was nice for a treat, as we try not to have it very often

I always order mash and gravy and zinger wings. They make them very spicy here so I can't taste the chicken :LOL:

Are Wicked Wings the same thing?

Here they look bigger than that Snip

tumblr_lyqjznwLiR1qba99bo1_500.jpg

They use buffalo wings or winglets here, not the whole wing. Maybe that's why they are smaller. Just Googled the menu in Australia, sounds like they use the same coating and flavouring. Curiosity got the best of me lol!

Of course...well...now I am surprised you like them...is it just chicken breast you are not too keen on?

After the discussion about spinach pasta, I picked up spinach spaghetti (made with Jerusalem artichoke flour). I really like it. It's pale green in color. Making clam sauce w/ lemon juice, white wine, fresh herbs & buttered breadcrumbs to go over the spinach spaghetti, & lemon garlic bread on the side.

That sounds delicious, Cerise.

Tonight it's white turkey chili out of the freezer. Got 3 fresh beets to deal with somehow. Also some celery sticks w/Smucker's natural peanut butter. Celery was $1 a stalk so I got one, but I'm having a heck of a time using it up a rib at a time. Usually only buy it to make bird stuffing in November.

We've had enough days of warm-ish weather that I can now safely maneuver my way past the iceberg on the deck and get to the grill. So tonight I think will be the inaugural firing up of the Weber for 2013.

Chicken is the plan for the moment, although if I'm feeling particularly frisky when the work day is done, maybe I'll stop by the co-op and pick us up a couple of nice slabs o' steak. :chef:

I'm graduating from Master Gardener class tonight, woo hoo! People who have already graduated, known as perennials, are bringing food for a potluck.

That sounds delicious, Cerise.

Tonight it's white turkey chili out of the freezer. Got 3 fresh beets to deal with somehow. Also some celery sticks w/Smucker's natural peanut butter. Celery was $1 a stalk so I got one, but I'm having a heck of a time using it up a rib at a time. Usually only buy it to make bird stuffing in November.

Thank you Tinlizzie. Looking forward to it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom