Dinner Thursday August 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
burgers on the grill, with home made ww buns and fresh from the garden red onions, TOMATOES (!) and lettuce, with the ubiquitous sweet corn:)

I have no clue.... mulling over in my mind about what is in the pantry vs in the crisper vs what protiens I have. Be back later when I got it all figured out!

It's almost time to go back to the Greenmarket, so tonight is going to be lots of veggies.

Fingerling potatoes, green beans and garlic all cooked together with some fresh Parmigiano shaved on top, and one of my summer favorites, Greek Eggplant Salad (Melitzanosalata) with roasted eggplant mixed with garlic and an eggy dressing and chunks of fresh feta cheese. :chef:

I haven't a clue and I need to get one. fast.
maybe pesto again. can't seem to get enough of that!

decided to attempt gnocchi, probably pesto.... unless I run out of time or it rains. then it's sage butter.
mmmm i'm so hungry now!!

Steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, and salad.... as long as the rain holds off.

kitchenelf, another great choice tonight!!

I'm just in picture mod - sorry everyone!

Pic 1 - Heirloom tomato pie on left, regular on right

Pic 2 - Topped tomatoes with spring onions and fresh basil chiffonade and mayo/cheese mixture

Pic 3 - After they came out of the oven

Pic 4 WAS going to be a fresh peach and blueberry tart but I forgot my stones can't go in a 400 degree oven - yea, it broke - bummer. I finally bake and this is what happens! :(

img_665215_0_551cd6a5cef510145086940e7c0236c4.jpg

img_665215_1_b66be8ccfa632b6e22b4341cd1441c3a.jpg

img_665215_2_b0935d8f657b2bf086fdfcc8ed828b72.jpg

Wow. Those look great. I've never heard of a tomato pie..... I want one :)
I had one of my usual meals, tacos and wings. I made the wings hot. I've got that slow burn still going on.... I fried them before tossing 'em on the grill because I haven't had them that way in a while. I like the texture better that way.

Attachments

• din din 8-14.jpg
    din din 8-14.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 167
We had blackened mahi mahi on caesar salad (romaine, homemade garlic croutons, grape tomatoes, blanched green beans, blanched sugar snap peas, blanched brocolli & edamame). A fruit (cherry, blueberry, raspberry & peach) crisp for dessert.

ended up with a great salad, greens, dried cherries, won ton chips and ginger dressing. rice and wings.

first dinner i have enjoyed in three weeks, since i have been sick,

salad was just so good.

babe:chef:

Back
Top Bottom