Dinner- Thursday, January 5th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner Tonight/Chili

Tonight we had Chunky Vegetarian Chili, homemade cornbread, and a green salad. Here's the recipe, from Cooking Light:

Chunky Vegetarian Chili Recipe | MyRecipes.com

I usually avoid anything called vegetarian chili, but this sounded really good so gave it a try. It boasts three kinds of beans, lots of tomato, and plenty of garlic. I added some currants (leftover from fruitcake making) for a touch of sweetness and served it with additional currants and a dollop of plain fat-free Greek yogurt. My husband liked it but prefers chili with beef...Next time I'll use this recipe but add some sauteed ground sirloin. Great for both the tastebuds and the waistline!

Last edited:
Fettucinni alfredo with a tiny bit of panchetta and topped with some leftover hassleback potato stuffing {from last nights dinner} toasted in the oven. Killer!!!:chef:

Last edited:
Leftovers tonight...choices were bean soup, pork and sauerkraut, or sausages with peppers and onions. I'm trying to clean out the fridge before the weekend.

Tonight I made duck breasts with a cherry compote, mashed taters and some roast asparagus.

I had a duck in the freezer from Thanksgiving and I have been dying to get it out and remove the breasts. I am going to attempt a confit on the leg quarters, and I have a carcass to roast for stock.

we had takeout chinese tonight.

we shared wonton soup, chicken and broccoli, beef and broccoli, chicken chow mein, singapore mei fun, and young chow fried rice. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom