Dinner Thursday June 18, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just back from the garden with about 1/2 gallon of tender spinach leaves from the first planting which is going to seed, and my first garlic bulb of the season. Garlic this fresh is quite HOT and needs tamed a bit....so I will tame it in a cast iron skillet for a while, then wilt in the spinach....all to be added to last nights sausage gravy....have plenty of mashed potatoes left...and will add a ww garlic dinner roll..

Whats for dinner?

i think i will make buttermilk corn and bacon corncakes or waffles (leaning towards waffles). but that can change to over easy eggs, bacon and biscuits or BLT's without notice!! we love breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast life is short why conform!!

i haven't decided. sometimes when i can't decide i just say the heck wit it lets order pizza and salad!! LOL

oops i didn't see this thread (i looked in "todays menu" forum) so i started a new thread there for today.

i think i will make buttermilk corn and bacon corncakes or waffles (leaning towards waffles). but that can change to over easy eggs, bacon and biscuits or BLT's without notice!! we love breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast life is short why conform!!

i haven't decided. sometimes when i can't decide i just say the heck wit it lets order pizza and salad!! LOL

Oh, make the waffles, and top with havarti and maple syrup. Serve a good fried chicken on the side (I've got an super, seasoned flour recipe if you want it), or maybe some grilled brats. Top it all off with a strawberry malt, and come get me for supper.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Oh, make the waffles, and top with havarti and maple syrup. Serve a good fried chicken on the side (I've got an super, seasoned flour recipe if you want it), or maybe some grilled brats. Top it all off with a strawberry malt, and come get me for supper.:ROFLMAO:

ok cool you bring everything i didn't mention above!! cause my larder is empty except for (freezer) nuts (walnuts and pecans), whole wheat flour, rye flour, soy flour, ap flour, several corned beefs (cashed in on st. patty sale. i love corned beef but family doesn't). :LOL: oh and bring soup fixins' i got a craving for cream of mushroom soup!! :rolleyes: road trip fridge purge.

I have a pork tenderloin I'm defrosting. I'll do it on the grill with potatoes and cole slaw.

oh btw my seasoned flour recipe for fried chicken is:

Granulated Garlic powder
Onion powder
Adobo seasoning (spice mix not the chilies paste)
Accent (or MSG) - optional
Salt
Ground black pepper
Paprika
Cayenne

now show me yours!! :rolleyes:

your an ingenious fellow, you know that?

oh and i like banana malted

oh btw my seasoned flour recipe for fried chicken is:

Granulated Garlic powder
Onion powder
Adobo seasoning (spice mix not the chilies paste)
Accent (or MSG) - optional
Salt
Ground black pepper
Paprika
Cayenne

now show me yours!! :rolleyes:
oh i forgot the cornstach

I'm trying something new from Rachel Ray:
hazelnut encrusted chicken with Gorgonzola cream sauce

Seems pretty easy and hopefully yumm!

BBQ Pot Roast, New Potatoes and Green Beans. Lemon/Blueberry Loaf for dessert.

I have a pork tenderloin I'm defrosting. I'll do it on the grill with potatoes and cole slaw.

I wasn't paying attention to the weather forecast when I wrote this. The pork will be done in the CI skillet and the oven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom