Dinner Thursday, May 16th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
what's on the menu for thursday?

(woohoo, i beat kylie!!!)

i have no idea what we're having. it was just the competetive nature in me as a coach that made me post.

i'm expecting kylie chime in shortly. ;)

i wouldn't doubt tbat we'll get takeout tonight since i'm taking my boy to the batting cages after dinner while dw goes to the gym.

homework first, of course, after school if he wants to go.

Last edited:
I let you have a go at the dinner thread today Tom ;) :LOL:

Tonight, well in a couple of hours anyway...we are having beef schnitzels and steamed vegetables :)

Um, today is the 16th.:ermm: Technically, Kylie could still post the dinner thread and beat you!

Last edited:
Nice work buckytom! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Dinner here will be FFY. (Fend for yourself) I'm working evening shift, Ken will be late and I think both daughters are dancing. The leftovers sound promising. Homemade mac n cheese, pork tenderloin, balsamic chicken, quinoa, wild rice and some assorted salads. We also have a pile of tortillas and assorted deli meats.

Tonight is steak on the grill, baked potato, grilled asparagus and maybe even a beer.

Belgin waffles from a yeast batter/dough and some good ole Jimmy Deans sausage.

We're on our way home after spending the day at the recreated Powhatan Indian village in Jamestown, Virginia. I have a pork shoulder in the slow cooker and cole slaw in the fridge, so it's pulled pork sandwiches with doctored up baked beans tonight.

Nice work buckytom! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Dinner here will be FFY. (Fend for yourself) I'm working evening shift, Ken will be late and I think both daughters are dancing. The leftovers sound promising. Homemade mac n cheese, pork tenderloin, balsamic chicken, quinoa, wild rice and some assorted salads. We also have a pile of tortillas and assorted deli meats.

Neither could I :LOL:

I just might start tomorrow's dinner thread after my post here and make it two days in a row :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to grill a St Louis pork steak, a couple spuds and some bacon wrapped stuffed shrooms. Inside I will have the broccoli going and a refrigerator of cold beer :D

Another nice day> Spent where I want to be...turning over soil and digging in the garden.

I grilled a ham steak, some packet potatoes and grilled aspargrass. Ice tea.

We're on our way home after spending the day at the recreated Powhatan Indian village in Jamestown, Virginia. I have a pork shoulder in the slow cooker and cole slaw in the fridge, so it's pulled pork sandwiches with doctored up baked beans tonight.

That was always a fun trip! Did you get to make rope from grass? Did you get to grind corn? I went with my boys when they were in 3rd grade (two different years). Haven't been in a long time. Your dinner sounds good too.

I've got some breaded chicken patties in the oven. Picante sauce and cheddar cheese on top (mexican chicken parm;)). Rice is cooking and will be spiced up with taco seasoning and the remaining picante sauce.

Spelunked some vintage Pasta y Fagioli that is currently nuking. An Olive Garden copycat, and as I recall, really good.

Greek yogurt with homemade peach preserves.

Last edited:
We're on our way home after spending the day at the recreated Powhatan Indian village in Jamestown, Virginia.
*sigh* The Historic Triangle area. One of my favorites! For all the time we've been that way we've never remembered to take the ferry across the James River though...

Worked in the garden a bunch today so it was a cheater dinner. Barber stuffed chicken breasts, Knorr rice - but I did trim fresh veggies! Broccoli/cauliflower/carrots. Too tired to "salad".

I've already decided tomorrow will be a cheater dinner too. Supposed to be just as nice as today, but cooler. Good!:)

Back
Top Bottom