Dinner Thursday Nov 18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Can't believe no one has started this yet!

Its 50 freezies out there right now so I would like to be cooking something warm and toasty. I think I'll put on a pot of chili or something and then bake some bread.

We're actually going over to my MIL's for dinner, but hey, this stuff lasts.

Supper tonight is...

Cabbage Roll Soup! Created this a few years ago at my Sub Shop, and basically just threw everything in the pot that my Mom used to make cabbage rolls. Made it already today, and SERIOUSLY need to stay out of the kitchen...each time I walk by the stove I stop for a little sip...mmmMMmm! It is fantastic!

I also made (to have in the fridge for lunches, sides) a Mexican Rice. Baked a couple of chicken breast smothered with cumin, chopped them up and added to a pan with water, salsa, taco seasoning, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil, add your rice and cover! Had a bowl for lunch...of course smothered in hot sauce.:)

Dh will get a slice of buttered bread covered with meatloaf. I will probably have an assortment of things. Yesterday I dug the last sweet potato plant, (got 34 pounds of taters:ohmy:) and am working up the cut potatoes for the freezer. Made a cole slaw for company tomorrow, and am making some egg salad. So I'll probably have a dab of the sweet potatoes, slaw and egg salad.

Its 50 freezies out there right now ...

What's that? I mean, do you mean 50 degrees?

It's my daughter’s birthday, 7, my parents are coming, she already had a birthday party at school, so no big deal for her. I left brisket in the oven before I left for work, by the time I come home it will be perfect. I just hope I come home before guests arrive. I still have to make mushroom soup, mash potato, gravy, some chicken schnitzel for some of my kids that will not even touch the beef, and I'm going to make the pastry dough cookie my daughter loves. In Russian they are called "Mother's-in-law tongue”. Very simple. Readymade pastry dough. Cut the dough into rectangles, about 2 X 5 inches. Very approximately. Spread some sugar onto the working surface roll the dough pressing just hard enough so that sugar will stick inside the dough, leave one piece clean on the bottom, and layer them up together, maybe 4-5 pieces. Sprinkle some water on the baking sheet. Bake per box instruction. When done let it cool sprinkle with some powder sugar serve with a nice cup of tea or coffee, my daughter will be happy with some soda, but I’m not buying any.

I'm going to have tuna noodle casserole and peas tonight. I might get extra lazy and just add the peas to the casserole.

LOL--This brought back a memory from my teens. A friend was having supper with us and my mom had made tuna noodle casserole. My dad knew that they fed their cats Tender Vittles cat food, so he teased her and told her it was Tender Vittles noodle casserole. She was so tickled!

:)Barbara

I had a pan of lasagna in the freezer so that's what we're having. Will make some garlic bread to go with it. The lettuce is gone and it's not worth going out just for that so will forgo the salads tonight.

What's that? I mean, do you mean 50 degrees?

It's my daughter’s birthday, 7, my parents are coming, she already had a birthday party at school, so no big deal for her. I left brisket in the oven before I left for work, by the time I come home it will be perfect. I just hope I come home before guests arrive. I still have to make mushroom soup, mash potato, gravy, some chicken schnitzel for some of my kids that will not even touch the beef, and I'm going to make the pastry dough cookie my daughter loves. In Russian they are called "Mother's-in-law tongue”. Very simple. Readymade pastry dough. Cut the dough into rectangles, about 2 X 5 inches. Very approximately. Spread some sugar onto the working surface roll the dough pressing just hard enough so that sugar will stick inside the dough, leave one piece clean on the bottom, and layer them up together, maybe 4-5 pieces. Sprinkle some water on the baking sheet. Bake per box instruction. When done let it cool sprinkle with some powder sugar serve with a nice cup of tea or coffee, my daughter will be happy with some soda, but I’m not buying any.

She means its SUPER cold up here in the hills!!! :)

Well I started off thinking of doing something with Side Pork but then my friend mentioned scalloped taters, so now I have to go find my car in all the white stuff and get meself a ham....mmmmm ham and scalloped taters!!!

Not a clue... the cupboards and fridge are practically bare. Today is grocery day (payday = grocery day) but that won't get done until after this mythical dinner happens. The kids might have to share their fish sticks with us!

Cheese Burger and Fries

img_939243_0_0516bd237df51461bbec9f97387401ab.jpg

She means its SUPER cold up here in the hills!!! :)

And it is SUPER cold and WET here on the western side of those hills. The wet looks way to close to turning white for my liking.

So, I pulled some hamburger soup out of the freezer (ironically) and that will be supper for Dad and I with some fresh baking powder biscuits.

I'm going to have tuna noodle casserole and peas tonight. I might get extra lazy and just add the peas to the casserole...
I'm getting ready to fix this now. I forgot to mention one of my favorite things about having tuna noodle casserole for supper. The leftovers are GREAT for breakfast the next day!

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom