Dinner time! Monday 11/10/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I was going to do enchilada's for tonight, but got off to a late start.

We're having pan fried loin lamb chops, tri colored rice with mushrooms, and a green salad.

How bout you?

I made beef stock today so tonight I'm having a hash made from the vegetables and some of the meat. I will add some fresh chopped onion and a splash of Worcestershire sauce to the hash and top it with a poached egg.

I was going to make cheesy scalloped ham and potatoes, but the frozen ham was all freezer-burned, so I thawed some chicken thighs and made chicken enchiladas! Couldn't resist after all the talk about it today. I also made Mexican rice from a mix we had on hand for quick cooking nights.

Po'boy, Not Cajun... More of Asia. Soft shell crab, spinach. tomato, wasabi mayo & Asian spices.

img_1397448_0_f9b370555e405d2e7cb26d33209b9f02.jpg

I overbought perishables again :rolleyes: and needed to use some up, so tonight's dinner was a salad of avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and spinach with Italian dressing, roasted sweet potato fries with cinnamon, and garlic bread.

It was good, but I would have rather had enchiladas. :( :LOL:

Last edited:
I made hamburger onion pie, new and improved diabetic version.

I just left out the biscuit crust completely, and added shredded parm to the topping. It was better than before.

003.JPG

b/s chicken thigh meat sliced real thin,
marinaded in shoyu, fresh minced garlic
and ginger and a tablespoon or so of corn starch
stir fried the chicken with some chopped
sweet white onion (maui onion) and asparagus
made a sauce of beef broth (ran out of chicken),
shoyu, oyster sauce, black pepper, mirin and sesame oil
sprinkled some chopped green onions in at the end
served it over steamed white rice

005.JPG

Hershey's Best Brownies Deluxe for dessert later on this evening,
it's Monday night football, GO EAGLES!!!

We cleaned out the leftovers because we leave on vacation tomorrow, and they are all gone! :clap: More often than not I've overcooked so much the week running up to vacation that his sister gets a few meals. Not this time (sorry Joy!)

Used up spinach and iceberg lettuce and tossed in a few odds-and-ends and called it salad. Himself had Italian sausage sauteed with green pepper and onion. I finished the last bit of chicken breast along with the beets and Brussels sprouts with grapes/apple/walnuts. We also had some of the last of the broccoli. There is a bit left that I'll finish with a dab of cheese once I get my few prep jobs done.

Looking forward to a lot of *SECing the next two weeks.

*Someone Else's Cooking"

We cleaned out the leftovers because we leave on vacation tomorrow, and they are all gone! :clap: More often than not I've overcooked so much the week running up to vacation that his sister gets a few meals. Not this time (sorry Joy!)

Used up spinach and iceberg lettuce and tossed in a few odds-and-ends and called it salad. Himself had Italian sausage sauteed with green pepper and onion. I finished the last bit of chicken breast along with the beets and Brussels sprouts with grapes/apple/walnuts. We also had some of the last of the broccoli. There is a bit left that I'll finish with a dab of cheese once I get my few prep jobs done.

Looking forward to a lot of *SECing the next two weeks.

*Someone Else's Cooking"

Have a great time, CG! And don't forget to add to your SEC...ACU. And Cleaning Up. ;):LOL:

Have a great time, CG! And don't forget to add to your SEC...ACU. And Cleaning Up. ;):LOL:
:LOL: Definitely the "cleaning up"!

Looks like I needed one more day of leftovers. After number-crunching, miles-checking, construction-viewing and dilly-dallying, Himself figured we could leave Wednesday morning. "Morning" being the operative word here. :ermm: I plan on firing up the coffee maker before 9:00 AM on Wednesday and wait for the groaning to start. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom