Dinner today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
just 4 of us tonight, stuffed pork chops, mashed potatoes, fried corn, oh golly all the carbs :LOL: also biscuits and gravy and green salad. dessert???? let's see, how's about, lemon coconut bars.

What are you planning?

kadesma:LOL:

I am trying a Martha Stewart recipe called Pasta Cake, its ziti with roasted red peppers, spinach and bound with a ricotta/egg cheese custard.

We're going to the local brewpub for a homebrew club meeting. That means a sampling of beers, and most likely a reuben sammich, or the $6.95 steak special... :mrgreen:

John

texas, we had tacos last night - yuuuumy!

I think we'll just do either stuffed shells or tortellini.

blackened chicken

Trying something new, there is a recipe from allenmi for
blackened veal chops, I am going to try this with chicken,
couscous, and steamed vegies. I wish I had veal chops but I don't want
to go to the store I think chicken breast will work.

I'm really not hungry right now so I don't feel like cooking, but I know the BF will be starving so I think I am going to try pdswife's beef and cabbage casserole. It looks easy enough to throw together and let the oven do all the work, plus he loves cabbage.

Again I have nothing planned! All of your menus sound great though, maybe I'll steal an idea for tomorrow. It's too late for tonight. I'd better go figure something out!

I am trying a new recipe - chicken with a champagne sauce - with shitake mushrooms. I am going to serve this with rice and stuffed zuchinni. DH just called and said his flight was cancelled - so it is just my daughter and me. If I knew that, we would of went out.

mr. callie fixed shrimp scampi and we had baked taters w/butter and sour cream, roasted zucchini and wine.

Quizzie's pb cookies are gone :( so I had a few Junior Mints :mrgreen:

i had an appt. so i have to get dinner later. my kitchen is full, so i'll have to choose something. may get a sammich instead. got a great deli w/ great food nearby. kitchen's closed, if i ask for a sammich, they may get one together for me. one person that works at that deli says, 'yes Chef,', 'thank you, Chef', 'did you enjoy your meal, Chef?, 'is your steak properly prepared, Chef?' it gives me such a smile to be respected like that.:chef:

Last edited:
kadesma, is there a recipe for lemon coconut bars handy? That sounds like something we could add to our list for our tea to go parties. Thanks a bunch! Yesterday I took the pecan caramel bars I saw Sara Moulton make. They were quite good but richhhhhhhhhhh. I'm off to the gym to work it off!

Last edited:
Making glazed pork chops for "the boys" and tuna for me.With wild rice and mushrooms and probably a spinach salad.Jimmy and I (and Angel) are going to the beach for a long weekend.We're leaving tomorrow and coming back Sunday.

Last night I made flounder stuffed with baby shrimp & topped with a sherry-laced Newburg sauce. A green salad rounded out the meal. (And I have leftovers of both to enjoy for lunch today - yay!!)

Back
Top Bottom