Dinner today? 7/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
we are doing all kinds of fun things today,trimming a tree, cleaning pool tile,chasing kids and dogs, and cooking...
dinner I'm trying a new one from Michael Chiarello, zucchini sticks, wrapped in prosciutto then saute them in evoo til the prosciutto is crisp but the zucchini are still crunchy and serve with either a mango sauce or caramalized onion sauce or both. I decided on the onion sauce. With it there will be grilled pork chops and shrimp, tossed green salad, rice, hot parmesan bread and pound cake with peaches and ice cream for dessert..Anyone else ratteling pots and pans?:LOL:

kadesma

I havent had hamburger helper in years because my mom used to make it weekly, so I got sick of it.

Dinner tonight is chicken florentine (chicken, spinach, mozzarella, baked in a lemon juice and chicken broth), and some baked potatoes.

Birthday girl's request - bacon wrapped sirloin steaks, scalloped potatoes, salad and strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting.

my feeding tube was yanked & replaced this afternoon; i'm kinda squeamish as for dinner..... a turkey burger w/ letttuce, ketchup, etc., that sounds delish.

Too hot here today to really cook. Dinner is take-out sushi & some home-cooked but commercially-made chicken/vegetable potstickers with dipping sauce.

I boiled some beef, pork and sliced onions in soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple juice. I'll serve it over shredded lettuce. ( I'd rather have rice but... Paul's trying to do the no carb thing)

I have no idea what we'll be having but I'd better come up with something quickly.

Kadesma- reading about what you're making for dinner always makes my stomach growl. I just read to dh what you'll be having he said "whoa, that sounds sooo good."
Amber- Your dinner also sounds delish, how do you make it?

Last edited:
It was rainy and cool here today. Comfort food for us: hamburger steaks in brown gravy with mashed potatoes and sweet corn. Ummm...I added leftover coffee to my gravy - and just as you guys said, it added to the taste. :)

callie said:
It was rainy and cool here today. Comfort food for us: hamburger steaks in brown gravy with mashed potatoes and sweet corn. Ummm...I added leftover coffee to my gravy - and just as you guys said, it added to the taste. :)
Callie, DH, cleaned his plate like a good little boy, but looked over my shoulder as I was reading what you had for dinner. Need I say more? :LOL:
I heard a big sigh and a softly whispered I love hamburger steak and gravy and mashed potatoes, and corn sniff, sniff Bet you can guess what dinner tomorrow might be:LOL:

kadesma:-p

SC,
every time you mention those thai cucumber pickles my mouth waters, I've just got to try making some:LOL:

kadesma

I know i am a day late but just found this forum this afternoon so thought i would post what i had made for dinner last night.. lol. I made chuck roast in the crockpot which turned out so tender... mashed potatoes with beef gravy, peas in butter, buttered bread and I had made a banana cake yesterday afternoon with cream cheese frostin but SO decided he wanted some brownies from the night before instead, for dessert.. sigh!!! :LOL:

:LOL:
AriesGirl71 said:
I know i am a day late but just found this forum this afternoon so thought i would post what i had made for dinner last night.. lol. I made chuck roast in the crockpot which turned out so tender... mashed potatoes with beef gravy, peas in butter, buttered bread and I had made a banana cake yesterday afternoon with cream cheese frostin but SO decided he wanted some brownies from the night before instead, for dessert.. sigh!!!
Hi Jen,
your meal sounds great, so glad you've found us..Welcome to DC. That banana cake would be poof gone here:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom