Dinner tonight? 1/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I have errands to run, doctors appointments to go to, exercises to do, and somewhere along the line, make dinner.
Tonight will be an easy one:
I had a very large quality chuck steak in the freezer and cooked it all day with a rich broth. The meat should be very tender and the broth, which I'll let reduce down to not much at all, should be very full flavored.
au gratin potatoes as well as brown rice with soy sauce as that's what I'm craving
fresh vegetable salad soaked in vinegarette (brussels sprouts, brocolli, cauliflower, onions, carrots, celery, peppers)
making batches of cookies so we'll plop a few of those in our kissers for our after dinner sweet!

so what's anyone else making?

Last edited:
Popeye's chicken.

Guess not. DH for some reason lately, has turned into a real jerk. Now, I'm not allowed a day off. So, I guess I'll be stopping off at the grocery store for some dog food, cause that's what he deserves!!

Last edited:
Paul's working late and then going to the gym tonight.
I was going to make a batch of chili but...since he won't be here
I think I'll make myself a bowl of tomato soup.

This morning I decided to make a food and supply run to Reno, NV to stock up on groceries, etc. before the next storms come in. After going to the normal gamut of stores ie walmart, costco, winco, CompUSA. etc. I decided to bring home Chinese takeout. I brought home: pork chow mein, kung pao beef, general tso's chicken, and egg rolls.

it was going to be ramen noodles, till i found my new pressure cooker, then was making udon noodles in that, till i read my instructions- don't make macaroni or spaghetti in it. so, now it's plain 'ol egg noodles & broth in a regular pot.
pretty tasty. yum!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom