Dinner Tonight 9-8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think spending so much time on DC is effecting me, lol. I am getting all my taste pleasure from reading right now, lol.

We have just moved to a flat where will be our Italian base for a month. There is a fridge from the '70s and cooker the same age which quite frankly looks scary. I'm going to avoid it. Too much cleaning to do and no interest in cooking (it was 36 degrees yesterday, but we have no air con or fans and it seems hotter in this flat).

as a result I'm going on strike. There is a pizza place 30/40 yards down the street. I'll get salad stuff tomorrow from supermarket, but its not worth stocking a larder, I am back to UK next week, and I know husband will eat at work. I hope we find a permanant apartment PDQ! So the choice for us really will just be what to have on our pizzas....I am going for one with a mountain of rocket on it I am sure.

Sorry, I was being english! rocket is what arugula is called at home!

lulu said:
There is a pizza place 30/40 yards down the street. I'll get salad stuff tomorrow from supermarket, but its not worth stocking a larder, I am back to UK next week, and I know husband will eat at work. I hope we find a permanant apartment PDQ! So the choice for us really will just be what to have on our pizzas....I am going for one with a mountain of rocket on it I am sure.

Lulu, by supermarket do you mean "CO Op"? I became very fond of those last year while in Italy. That was, when we were lucky enough to find one open. :huh: I'd say every day for the week you're there, get a pizza Margarita and a spaghetti Bolognese with a bottle of wine. Every day do that, and I'll smile [from very far away from you] out of jealousy.:-p

For me for dinner tonight, I'll get to Calgary Canada around 9PMish and think it'll be CattleBaron's for my late meal. Tomorrow night, I'll try Banff for dinner or Lake Louise. Any suggestions for either place from any Canadians out there? :cool: Please...................:wacko:

Everyone, enjoy your weekend!:brows:

We are having goulash, can't wait till its dinner time the whole house smells like goulash since noon... :w00t2:

LEFSElover said:

Lulu, by supermarket do you mean "CO Op"? I became very fond of those last year while in Italy. That was, when we were lucky enough to find one open. :huh: I'd say every day for the week you're there, get a pizza Margarita and a spaghetti Bolognese with a bottle of wine. Every day do that, and I'll smile [from very far away from you] out of jealousy.:-p

Everyone, enjoy your weekend!:brows:

Do you know, I have not found a co op in walking distance anywhere we have stayed in Milan so far. The main supermarket here as far as I can tell is Esselunga (spelling?) although I have also been to PAM and Sma. I have seen one called Standa and the French supermarket Carrefour, which I am keen to see if it carries French stuff. But as soon as I find a Co Op I'll nip in and think of you!

Rucola/Rocket/Roquette/Arugula is great on a pizza. It also makes you feel less guitly because you can kid yourself you are having an open salad sandwich, lol. And it provides some much needed freshness and greens :chef:

Its very nice here today, we are having grilled chicken breasts, garlic bread and Caesar salad with homemade dressing and lots of thick curls of parmesan cheese on top.

TGIF..........Gonna sweet talk DH into taking me out to dinner.......won't take much sweet talking though :) . Not sure what I'm in the mood for though.

Had to come back and edit this..............totally had a blonde moment.....we're suppose to get together with 2 other couples tonight. I think someone mentioned cooking out. Guess I better call them to confirms. If so I need to hightail it to the store.

Last edited:
a YT Special "Death-By-Chili" Pizza :)

as there`s only the 2 of us old enough to eat it, it`s only a 12" pizza, but has 1 large Anaheim, 2 Chayenne, and one White Bullet (TM) habanero on it.
with the obligatory ham, mushroom, tom sauce oregano/basil/bay/sage herbs, smoked paprika sausage and tons of mozerella :)

we all 3 of us have a bad cold each, so my wife suggested Chili Pizza, pity my Daughter`s too young yet for such a treat/cold cure.

Kim has the smoker fired up, and he's fixing baby-back ribs for tonight, and pre-cooking pork butts for our cook-out Sunday, when he'll put them back on to finish up.
I think we'll have Kim's fried baked potatoes and slaw to go with. The slaw is store-bought, and kind of bland, but I think I can perk it up a little.

We'll probably get take out tonight. Not sure what to get, we're sick of pizza and mexican take out.

Corn dogs, Walla Walla onion burgers, pecan pie, milkshakes, cotton candy, blooming onions, curly fries, fish and chips, scones, coffee drinks, ice cream cones, snowcones, beef jerky, elephant ears and a million other tasty treats.

The state fair opens today and Paul took the whole day off so we could spend a romantic day together!! Yipppeeeee!

pdswife said:
Corn dogs, Walla Walla onion burgers, pecan pie, milkshakes, cotton candy, blooming onions, curly fries, fish and chips, scones, coffee drinks, ice cream cones, snowcones, beef jerky, elephant ears and a million other tasty treats.

The state fair opens today and Paul took the whole day off so we could spend a romantic day together!! Yipppeeeee!
I wanna go with you too, love those treats !:-p

italian
white and red meat sauce with angle hair. cheezy garlic bread
ice cream cake

wish i had fresh salad making but i don't want to go to the store.

I'm thinking tortellini maybe. Maybe bagel pizzas or pita pizzas. Ken is only here for a run through dinner as there is a football game tonight. Kids and I will decide when they get home from school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom