Dinner Tonight Friday Sep. 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linda, I use those red lentils a lot for thickening soups, since they break down so quickly. Moong dal is another I use like this, which breaks down even faster.

It was supposed to be a nice warm day today after a few days with a chill in the air. Think jeans instead of shorts.

It may not be as warm as forecast but it's quite pleasant.

I plan to grill a couple of burgers on the grill tonight.

What's on the menu for you guys?

Just the opposite here. It was supposed to be cooler than it has been, but it still hit 95F today. :(

I had pork tamales with a chili sauce and grated cheese.

CD

Just the opposite here. It was supposed to be cooler than it has been, but it still hit 95F today. :(

I had pork tamales with a chili sauce and grated cheese.

CD

Hot here too in Ohio. 87 today, 90 tomorrow and Sunday. And it's supposed to be going into Fall.

I'm sooooooooo dang sick of the heat. I hate it. I can't wait for Fall and Winter, my favorite time of the year. I love crisp, cool weather and even cold weather with snow. I love the snow.

Okay, off-topic rant over.

CD
CD, You know what I always say when out there in the heat in the summer - I can't stand this heat, but my peppers love it! lol

And I remind myself that there are a lot of people, like you, with worse heat, by far.

Supposed to get to 90º here the last day of summer, and the first day of fall! At least I had a few cool days to do stuff out there.

CD, You know what I always say when out there in the heat in the summer - I can't stand this heat, but my peppers love it! lol

And I remind myself that there are a lot of people, like you, with worse heat, by far.

Supposed to get to 90º here the last day of summer, and the first day of fall! At least I had a few cool days to do stuff out there.

Weird thing is, it can actually get too hot for peppers, too. My pepper plants grow, flower, but do not set fruit in the hottest part of summer, here. Hot daytime temperatures are part of the problem, but when the lows at night are in the 80s, that makes it worse. I guess it is a survival mechanism in the plants.

Right about now is when my pepper plants bear the most fruit. They are currently loaded with flowers. I hope they can set fruit. If we get some regular night-time lows in the 70s, they should explode with fruit.

CD

Yesterday we were running around doing errends most of the afternoon so late in the day we stopped at Poke Land for some good food. We really like this new little place and their Poke bowls are almost as good as one would find in Hawaii. Check it out...a healthy and delicious alternative to fast food..
Menu

Yesterday we were running around doing errends most of the afternoon so late in the day we stopped at Poke Land for some good food. We really like this new little place and their Poke bowls are almost as good as one would find in Hawaii. Check it out...a healthy and delicious alternative to fast food..
Menu

Nice :cool:

Last night was our neighborhood cocktail party and potluck dinner. I made these hoisin-glazed meatballs. I doubled the recipe and kept adding things to the sauce to amp it up, including oyster sauce, fish sauce and chili-garlic sauce, and made three test patties before I was happy with it [emoji38] There were none left at the end of the evening. Forgot to take a picture.
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/12/hoisin-glazed-cocktail-meatballs.html

Last night was our neighborhood cocktail party and potluck dinner. I made these hoisin-glazed meatballs. I doubled the recipe and kept adding things to the sauce to amp it up, including oyster sauce, fish sauce and chili-garlic sauce, and made three test patties before I was happy with it [emoji38] There were none left at the end of the evening. Forgot to take a picture.
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/12/hoisin-glazed-cocktail-meatballs.html

They sound great, G.G., and I'll bet the 3 added ingredients you mentioned made them even better - I use them often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom