Dinner tonight, it's Sunday 2/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Last night, this is where we ended up. It was fun, busy, too busy actually, but good.It's either in Venice or Marina Del Rey or Santa Monica, depends on who you ask.:huh:
Tonight the man will have reruns as I am gone. I'll grab a total veggie on whole wheat from Subwayman and call it a night.
So what are you concocting tonight? What'll be on your table?
Happy Sunday to you all.....................

I've got the outlaws coming over tonite, so I'm going to make a NE Clam Chowdah, fry up some Triple Tail fillets, steam some fresh green beans and some oven roasted herbed taters. Top it off with some nice strawberry shortcake, made with Plant City strawberries.

White radish (grated up & with all the water squeezed out), & chopped green chilli paratha's

Nothing for dessert tonight. Maybe just a chocolate bar...

Our sushi was so wonderful yesterday that we're
making more tonight. YUMMMY!

Going to The Keg tonight for our free prime rib dinner! Our local keg mails us coupons for free dinner on our birthdays! Or at least DH is having prime rib... I may be having some vegitarian meal!!! This will be the true test!

i think we're having tacos.

i'm hurting pretty badly today, not sure what's wrong. my back is killing me, and the pain is sorta radiating through my guts. gonna try to take it easy before i have to go back to work tonight. i think the lack of sleep is catching up with me.

in any case, i'm heading downstairs to broil so marinated chicken (1/2 in "world harbors" fajita marinade, the other half in a homemade balsamic herb marinade) that was intended for the grill. it's so windy out today the grill would be too difficult to try. if not the tacos, then we'll have my chicken.

I hope you get well soon BuckyTom! Our dinner tonight will be goulash over egg noodles.

Starting tonight, we have a houseguest staying with us from the UK. Tonight I am making a creamy mushroom soup, spicy chicken curry, basmati rice, naan and a lemon tart.

Got some really nice N.Y. strips from the butcher this morning .. that will go on the grill
later with just some salt ,pepper, garlic and a little evoo ...
Also picked up a fresh loaf of Italian bread that will be used for garlic bread ..
with that i am thinking twice baked potatoes .. and a tomato mozz. and basil salad ..
no idea about desert yet ..

new mini crock-pot

have chicken thighs , peach pineapple salsa on top of it in crockpot
jasmine rice, cooked in my new rice cooker. veg? dessert is left over warm lemon cake.

had the cake last night for my daughter in law's bday dinner. it was a super big hit. i think i can reheat in micro.

babe

I have a pot of Italian sausage gravy going,I sauteed mushrooms,garlic, lots of yellow onions, parsley, marjoram dried porcinis and added back their broth, crushed tomatoes, beef broth and it's simmering away will put it over some creamy polenta, there is some lovely asparagus I found so that I'll roast with evoo and grey sea salt, salad is a platter of sliced avocados on top of butter lettuce then topped with crab salad, garlic parmesan bread and desseerts chocolate covered frozen bananas or nutella,ricotta,mascarpone, in a piece of dough like a calzone with a straberry sauce to top it and powdered sugar..That's it for this day..Happy Sunday everyone.

kadesma;)

Last night, this is where we ended up. It was fun, busy, too busy actually, but good.It's either in Venice or Marina Del Rey or Santa Monica, depends on who you ask.:huh:
Tonight the man will have reruns as I am gone. I'll grab a total veggie on whole wheat from Subwayman and call it a night.
So what are you concocting tonight? What'll be on your table?
Happy Sunday to you all.....................

Nice menu, LEFSElover. Everything I like. What did you order, how was the service, would you go back again? Any dishes you would recommend? Noticed you fly around quite a bit & dine in different cities/states. If it's okay to ask, are you in the airline industry? What a treat that would be, to visit/dine at diff restaurants around the globe. I'm in your neck of the woods, & there's so much to pick from (restaurant-wise), it would be great to have restaurant reviews from the members here. Please keep us posted on the fab restaurants you visit & your personal input.

Would love to see a catagory for DC members' reviews of restaurants all over the world.

Last edited:
I'm thawing pork shoulder that was cooked with homemade tomatillo salsa in the crockpot; I'll make colorful enchiladas with peppers and onions out of them and serve with Mexican rice and guacamole.

Just the classic steak, baked potato, salad - I think I'll caramelize some onions, mushrooms, and green pepper to serve with the steaks though. BP's will be loaded :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom