Dinner tonight, July 28th, Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have 16 chicken thighs on the grill ...
6 for tonight with a pineapple, teryaki, garlic marinade ..
we will have jasmine rice and stir fry veggies with it .
6 for going into southwestern chickne wraps my DW makes that
are fantastic .. tose are dry rubbed with your usual southwestern type flavors , cumin chili powder etc ...

4 for chicken salad for me for lunch this week ..
will thro them in with the left over chicken from friday nite
and have a nice batch of chicken salad ..

I just got back in the house 40 minutes ago and I'm starved! Something quick was in order. And filling. A little more simmering and it will be ready and dang, I wish I had some rootbeer to add to it, but Sriracha will have to do :D I needed a no brainer fixum fast meal.

Attachments

• beansjuly.jpg
    beansjuly.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 183
That thickened up nicely :)
Time to eat

Attachments

• beansjuly2.jpg
    beansjuly2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 181
Do you do Imitrix [sp?] at all?

LEFSE, I suffer from horrendous migraines. A few years ago my doctor gave me a sample with two Imitrex in it to try next time one came on. I got a bad one a few months later and I took one. Within 10 minutes of taking it my already pounding headache literally exploded to 10 times worse. DH had to very carefully guide me down the hall to the bed while I closed my eyes and held my head in my hands. I threw up shortly after and the headache subsided. I have never taken it since and have two friends who had the same reaction. I am sure it works for some but I won't try it again.

Have you tried it? Did it work?

I made beef dip tonight....seems to be a "family" favourite. I just served salad tonight instead of the usual fries.

Chocolate cupcakes (rejects from my wedding quota) were dessert!

We had spinach & cheese raviolli with chicken & asparagus in an alfredo sauce & a salad with romaine, green beans, carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, yellow peppers, pepitos & peppercorn ranch dressing. Frozen yogurt for dessert.

Had a rough couple of days around here..sooo,after dinner out on sunday, which was even rougher than you can imagine..I had a little visitor to spend the day with me Ethan was here and to see him smiling and hugging me more than made up for sunday night..The little guy met me at the car, walked me to the restaurant, sat at my side during dinner, walked me out to the car, then asked with big eyes if he could come home with me. I had no place for him to sleep yet since I have to dialize each night for 9 hours so his mom said NO he had to come home..well he started to cry begging me to take him and I started to cry having to leave him, so he came and spent the day with me and we decide that his idea for dinner today was hot dogs on the grill, as well as corn on the cob, potato salad and watermelon..And for dessert we had ice cream sundaes;) Little guy really didn't want to go home but he did with the promise that he could come back tomorrow...
kadesma

we went to my parents today, so i treated them to take-out chinese for their birthdays this month.
it may not seem like take-out chinese would be that special, but when i was a kid, we lived on a pretty tight budget. going out for dinner with the whole family was a huge deal. for some reason we always went to the same chinese place, and ordered the same stuff.

so, with that in mind, i ordered won-ton soup, egg rolls, boneless spare ribs, veggie lo mein, veggie fried rice, pork fried rice, shrimp chop suey, kung pao chicken, and shrimp and broccoli.

it was nice to be able to give back a little to my parents, for the lifetime of love that they've given me, and share this all with my wife and son.

not many meals get better than that.

I made a wrap with the leftover chicken breast from last nights dinner. I spread spicy ranch dressing, added lettuce and thinly sliced plumb tomatoes, salt and pepper on a flour shell and rolled it up! Yum.

Thanks LEFSElover, that's especially helpful considering that last night's crock pot meal was much blander that I would have hoped. Better luck for me next time, I guess!

we went to my parents today, so i treated them to take-out chinese for their birthdays this month.
it may not seem like take-out chinese would be that special, but when i was a kid, we lived on a pretty tight budget. going out for dinner with the whole family was a huge deal. for some reason we always went to the same chinese place, and ordered the same stuff.

so, with that in mind, i ordered won-ton soup, egg rolls, boneless spare ribs, veggie lo mein, veggie fried rice, pork fried rice, shrimp chop suey, kung pao chicken, and shrimp and broccoli.

it was nice to be able to give back a little to my parents, for the lifetime of love that they've given me, and share this all with my wife and son.

not many meals get better than that.

Aw, BuckyT that sounds wonderful. I know what you mean about giving back to your parents and that even the simplest things can be really special. When my Dad was sick a year and a half ago I spent over a month living with him nursing him back to health.

Near the end when he was finally beginning to eat (around Easter that year) I made him a fried ham steak with two over-easy eggs, A half a grapefruit cut with diagonal cuts all around to make it fancy and a marachino cherry on top (he can't eat a lot of grapefruit or sweet things these days), and grilled toast (butter the bread and put it under the broiler). This was our traditional Christmas and Easter breakfast for as long as I could remember. He hadn't had it since my Mom passed away 14 years ago and he had wonderful tears of joy running down his face as he thanked me for remembering. It is a memory I will cherish forever.

LEFSE, I suffer from horrendous migraines. A few years ago my doctor gave me a sample with two Imitrex in it to try next time one came on. I got a bad one a few months later and I took one. Within 10 minutes of taking it my already pounding headache literally exploded to 10 times worse. DH had to very carefully guide me down the hall to the bed while I closed my eyes and held my head in my hands. I threw up shortly after and the headache subsided. I have never taken it since and have two friends who had the same reaction. I am sure it works for some but I won't try it again.Have you tried it? Did it work?
Oh my gosh. Nope to your question. Years ago, while in Coco Beach Florida for husbands award ceremony from Nasa I came down with a doozy of a migraine. I feared not being able to attend the very dinner that he was featured in and felt awful. But, "felt awful". A lady there, saw me cringing and gave me her Imitrex and told me these are guaranteed to take that head ache away right now. Not being one to take other people's meds, I thanked her and we walked apart. Hours later my husband said, "Honey, take that pill that woman gave you." I said, "nuh uh." Still to this day it's in that little black purse I toted that night, in it's original packaging, unopened. The headache didn't go away, I also couldn't see, but I could hear, I could hear everything said about the man I'm married to. Yes, I went...
My migraines are more eye-graines meaning I simply have no vision, so it hurts, there's pressure and I can't see. Not good while you're driving and often times brought on by the glare off other cars chrome.

Back
Top Bottom