Dinner tonight, June 6, TGIF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
For me tonight, it'll be more green, yep, I'm goin green. Salad for me and mine, all sorts of stuff in there so it'll seem satisfying to both. I have that steak from the other night that I'll slice up. Tomatoes of all colors, avocado, pine nuts, walnuts, cashews, craisins, chunks of blue cheese, orange supreme segments, red onion, shallots, bacon, freezing sliced beets and slices of hard boiled eggs.............the dressing.....>Asian that is wonderful. Dessert for him, not for this pork chop:ohmy:

How bout you?

Friday is always fare that can be hand eaten, usually in the parlour with cocktails...although now that the weather is finer, we'll be in the yard, with a fire going, twinkle lights lit, and jazz on the radio.:kiss:

Figs stuffed with ricotta, topped with honey.
Sliced cold tenderloins of beef with horseradish cream
Stuffed artichokes
Tomato and basil bruschetta

We're drinking tequilla manhattans tonight.

I just de-headed 25 pounds of swimps...Have a wonderful stock that is smelling wonderful...will add that to some crab stock I made last night...Also filleted a 7 pound snapper...more stock working...so I'm thinking for dinner tonight....Fried Chicken, Rice 'n' gravy, hot biscuits..:ermm:

:LOL:

I don't feel like cooking. I think I'll talk DH into getting a pizza.

Friday is always fare that can be hand eaten, usually in the parlour with cocktails...although now that the weather is finer, we'll be in the yard, with a fire going, twinkle lights lit, and jazz on the radio.:kiss:
Figs stuffed with ricotta, topped with honey.
Sliced cold tenderloins of beef with horseradish cream
Stuffed artichokes
Tomato and basil bruschetta
oh, well, I really wasn't that much in the mood for green anyway:LOL:

I just de-headed 25 pounds of swimps...Have a wonderful stock that is smelling wonderful...will add that to some crab stock I made last night...Also filleted a 7 pound snapper...more stock working...so I'm thinking for dinner tonight....Fried Chicken, Rice 'n' gravy, hot biscuits..:ermm::LOL:

Okay, Uncle B, if you are really set on chicken I will gladly eat your seafood for you!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I may have up to 6 for dinner tonight so I have two pieces of sirloin roast that I will put in the oven this afternoon, and we will have the beef dips we didn't have the other day. Home made potatoe wedges with oo and fresh rosemary, spinach salad and I am not sure about dessert yet.

I'm in the mood for a basic souffle & strawberries with Limoncello & mascarpone. But, I haven't even had lunch yet. :LOL:

LPBeier said:
Okay, Uncle B, if you are really set on chicken I will gladly eat your seafood for you!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well "youngin";) if ya want some swimps or crabs...come on down. The past two days I've 'tanked up" on fresh swimps, crabs, ersters, snapper, redfish, etc...So now...I gotta have some down home stuff...

Fried Chicken
Rice N Gravy
Peas N Cornbraid
Boiled Okree...or maybe Okree & tomatoes...with just a couple of spoons full of swimp stock:ermm:
Cold sliced onions
Tea....
All kicked off with some good bourbon of course.....

Anyway...just head this way...if ya get lost...stop and ask the sheriff for directions...:LOL:

I cut up a chuck roast that was in the freezer. Seared it on med-high heat, seasoned it and gave it a nice browning. Put it in the crock pot. Followed up with a whole small onion which I browned and then deglazed the pan with a little sherry and stirred it in. That was about two hours ago and the house is smelling good. :) I'll finish off the stew when it gets closer to dinner time with some sauteed mushrooms and some red wine. Delish! Probably do a big salad with it.

Okay, so you some of you may have followed that I have been trying to have beef dip all week. I took the meet out on Tuesday to thaw in the fridge and didn't get to it on Wednesday and Thursday was a night when no one was eating at the same time. So, tonight was to be the night. I got the meat out of the fridge, turned the oven on, prepared my roaster and opened the bag with the roast in it......only to find some perfectly cut sirloin steaks!!!! I buy whole sirloin tips and cut them into various steaks, roasts, stir fry packs and freeze them. Normally DH bags and labels them for me but I now remember this time he didn't and I just figured "I would know".:wacko:

So, now I have to call DH to go get some more steaks and some propane and we will have Grilled steak, baked potatoes, the spinach salad, mushrooms and I will make garlic bread out of the ciabata buns I was using for the sandwiches.

I am sure no one will complain about the change but I sure feel silly! :LOL: I am sure glad this was for my family and not a catered event!:rolleyes:

Hot roast beef sandwiches with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes. ( For those of you following the threads, that means we had Applebee's last night ;) )

Well, I was feeling pretty good about our caesar salad with seared salmon until I read about what's goin' on at Uncle Bob's.....good thing DH doesn't read this board. He'd be hoppin' a plane north.

I went to see my mom today at the assisted living (which is such a downer). I'm making chicken quesadillas and artichoke dip just for something to eat for now. Ds is working tonight at Outback so on his break he will be bringing us some top caps of beef which are to die for. They always have a bunch left over. Hopefully some baked potatoes too so I really won't have to cook much. I have to wait til after 9p.m. though.

Barb

Well, I was feeling pretty good about our caesar salad with seared salmon until I read about what's goin' on at Uncle Bob's.....good thing DH doesn't read this board. He'd be hoppin' a plane north.

So, Karen, the plan is you head northeast, I head southeast and we end up at Uncle Bob's! If you want to bring the Caesar Salad, I'll whip up a dessert!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

halloumi is to love me?

it's a cheese, right?

shama, why only eat halva of an egg? too much cholesterol? :rolleyes:

last night, i made a big salad with mesculun and radishes from the garden. then, i grilled some chicken legs, and dw made brown rice and stringbeans.

Back
Top Bottom