Dinner tonight March 14 anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
Tonight's menu is eggplant parmesan with cavatelli in oil and garlic and a great looking foccacia I picked up at the supermarket this morning.As long as I cook something like this my son doesn't mind vegetarian meals for the week his sister is home:rolleyes:!!!

Your dinner sounds great VickiQ. I'm making mac and cheese, my daughters favorite dinner.

I am trying a new recipe called tomatillo chicken (its from one of Rick Bayless's cookbooks) and an arugula salad.

I've got some salmon thawing... have no idea what to do with it though....

i have some chicken breasts that need to be made, and i just picked up some annato seed, artichokes, and poblano peppers, so i think i'll try a version of a arroz con pollo that i saw on "daisy cooks", using achiote oil, nestling in the sauteed artichokes, topping it with peas and strips of roasted poblanos.

Tuesday's menu:

Going easy; have a racquetball class tonight.

Steak and shrimp fajitas
Spanish rice
Jalapeno poppers (if I can find my pastry nozzles for stuffing the peppers)
Deep fried ice cream

We went down the road to Sam's today, then had lunch at Red Lobster. They have a Tuesday shrimp special, where you get 40 shrimp, fixed your choice of 4 ways, for $14.95. Naturally, they weren't very big, but tasty, none the less. I had 10 of each...coconut, scampi, popcorn shrimp (big handful, not counted), and regular fried. I didn't care for the coconut shrimp...they were very sweet, kind of like Malibou Rum. But I brought them home, and little Jesse polished them off, along with one of those great cheddar herb biscuits and a glass of chocolate milk.
It wasn't fine dining, but darned good for $30.
What really made the meal was the sevice. We had an excellent waiter, and that can make the difference between a hum drum meal and a great one. HB even came up off his wallet and gave the guy 20% instead of the usual 10.

I gave myself 2nd degree burns yesterday so I can't cook tonight :(
I had some leftover lasagna. I'm still hungry though.

Corazon, what did the neighbor make?

oh, sorry to hear about that biev! That's gotta be painful.
It was pork something or other that had been in the slow cooker all day. They raise pigs and this was some of their meat. I just don't like it, every time they make it or give us meat from their pigs.:sick: Tastes gross to me. Beets & mashed potatoes.:neutral:

It can be a gamble going over, sometimes she makes something great and other times...it leaves something to be desired. She has the biggest heart though, and I go more for the great company than what is on my plate.

Constance said:
WBut I brought them home, and little Jesse polished them off, along with one of those great cheddar herb biscuits and a glass of chocolate milk.

Those are Chesapeake Bay rolls (though Red Lobster calls them something different). You'd be amazed how easy they are to make. Once I figured out how to make em, I never had a reason to ever set foot in another Red Lobster :P.

I love the biscuits at Red Lobster!

Tonight we had leftover chinese - beef n broccoli, chicken kow, general tsao's chicken, chicken fried rice and one potsticker. for dessert - a strawberry torte from oberweiss dairy.

Back
Top Bottom