Dinner tonight, May 22, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to concoct a grilled cheese sandwich. I'll use some of our yummy roasted garlic-rosemary N.Y. Times bread, Havarti, basil, thinly sliced tomato and honey. Should be good. We'll have dark fudge/choc. chip/maraschino cherry/nut cake mix cookies for dessert

Leftovers: Grilled chicken tenders, ranch mashed taters, homemade mac n cheese, green beans, and corn.

indeed what the heck happened to our weather? supposed to be this way for next couple of days.

It is weird, huh? I like it, though - I never get sick of wearing a sweater:)
and last Memorial Day weekend was around 100 or so, I believe - ick!

Rather than baked I went homefries made with vidalias, so I still got my sour cream fix on.
Second pic is just to show the naysayers that you can grill a "thin" chop (1/2") and have it come out juicy ;)

Hey, they're cookin' roadkill on the Smithsonian Channel :ohmy:

Attachments

• pork chops.jpg
    pork chops.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 178
  • pork chops2.jpg
    pork chops2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 220
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Pacanis, that all looks truly delish!!!

I was relegated to my basket chair with TV remote, phone and laptop today due to a very swollen leg. DH did the shopping and dinner and I have to say he did a great job at both (though he did call me a dozen times from Costco, he didn't ask one question about dinner). The menu was beef dip on chabata buns. He cooked the roast and made the jus all by himself from watching me a hundred times and even made fries. He saw on TV one of the cooks parboiling them first and then deep frying them so tried them that way and they were really really good.

It was hard being "benched" but also very nice being waited on!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom