Dinner tonight! Monday, Nov. 13...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
We're having baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella. I like to slice meatballs and add them in. Tradtional garlic bread and steamed broccoli on the side.

Dinner for me is leftover Greek chicken soup from today's lunch served with boiled winter greens freshly picked by DH with olive oil and lemon juice dressing.

Soup left from lunch time: carrot, potato, savoy cabbage and onion w/a frozen veg stock. Nice, quite sweet. And a fruit salad :)

I have my condo board coming for dinner, and I'm making Poor Man's Lasagna. Yard-long 1inch-wide curly noodles with Sweet Italian Sausage, San Marzano tomatoes, fresh whole milk ricotta and of course, the requisite onions and garlic! A yummy 01 Salice Salentino to drink with it, and some crusty bread with herbed evoo to dip it in! Fruit and cheese for dessert. :chef:

Barb, that sounds like my kind of night! Tonight is clean out the fridge night both here and at my Mom's. We've had all kinds of company this weekend so there are dribs and drabs of all kinds of yumminess. We'll likely put it all out buffet style and watch the fighting for the tastiest bits!

Its cold and dreary here......I have a big pot of Goulash simmering away. We'll have that with big hunks of bread served with sweet butter.

I had to do grocery shopping yesterday after returning from Florida. Didn't cook anything yesterday, but was hungry today...

I sauteed sliced italian sausage, red & green pepper strips, sliced onion and garlic. I added tomato puree to this, S&P and simmered for almost an hour. When I dropped the fettucine into the boiling water, I dropped three eggs into the sauce pan and replaced the lid, poaching the eggs in the tomato sauce, along with the susage and peppers.

When I served it, you put the fettucine on the plate, and top it with the sauce, sauage & peppers, and then place the poached egg on top. Naturally, I sprinkle it with freshly grated parmesan.

No wine for me tonight:(

Wet and dreary here too. I'm making apricot chicken, and some white rice, maybe a veggie too.

Uh Oh,
Last minute dinner redo.
I was ready for chicken and rice soup, but my lil sis dropped off 5 lbs of mussels that she bought yesterday for Sunday football that never got cooked. So, looks like mussels steamed in white wine,(just happen to have 1/2 a bottle left) garlic, onion, olive oil, parsley, red papper flakes and a bit of butter. Mussels will be served with angel hair pasta with broccoli, (I'm out of linguini) and garlic bread made from kaiser rolls, (I'm also out of italian bread). Surprises are good! My daughter will be very happy when she gets back from the gym.

We had one of dh's faves.
I made pasta with steamed broccoli, shredded and browned chicken, all tossed in a light parmesan "cream" sauce (there's actually no cream in it). dh went in for overtime tonight, so dessert was a quiet, if messy, house. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom