Dinner tonight, October 18, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
wanted to start a thread, but no idea what's for dinner for us here.
lots in the freezer, too early to go in the garage and look though.
I could do reruns but don't want to, when it's a bit later, I'll stumble in there and check out the contents.
what's everyone else making tonight?

got in the freezer and found about a half pound of smoked pork shoulder. so... soaking red beans now, with lots of onion/garlic/peppers/pork and then the seasoning will come later after the beans are soft. I have leftover cooked pasta in the frig in a zipper bag and lots of basil outside plus a few really good and hot peppers so I'll make that Peruvian sauce out of those ingreds and toss the hot/boiled pasta in it. I'll start the starter for the NYTimes Bread. ripe avocados were bought yesterday and I found a wonderful recipe for guacamole using, of all things, white canned beans in there too, so I'll try that, and we'll put it atop the bread.
too many bags of chocolate chippers so I'll make a batch of CC cookies, dh can take much of the batch to work so his peeps can have it with their coffee tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I got off work a few hours early yesterday and cooked all afternoon. Roasted a chicken with lemon and thyme, grilled some chicken breasts for chicken salad for DH's lunches, made a red skin potato salad and as a rare treat, made a no-bake cheesecake for desert. SOOOOOO after all that cooking, I have enough left-overs to take me through till Friday. Guess we're having chicken. LOL

DH will be working lately again, so I'm just going to make a batch of fried rice with soy beans, peas, corn, carrots, and chicken for dd and me. It'll be easy for him to reheat when he does make it home.

Making a Thai green curry.... with pork :huh:

Not sure if it will actually go but I had the curry ingredients and pork was the only meat I had. Oh well we'll see!!

I wasn't very exciting tonight, had some mixed olives with feta cheese, small crusty bread role and 2 glasses of red wine.

8:15 pm here and I still have no idea - dd dances late on Thursday so I don't cook - maybe some leftover rice after I pick her up tonight, and of course, bourbon.

Had an absolutely great crock-pot dish. Ground turkey, shredded carrots, finely sliced green onions, a package of taco seasoning mix and a huge amount of fresh spinach leaves. All cooked until everything was tender. Served in pita halves with salsa, shredded cheddar cheese and some sour cream. Buck and I are full. Tasty dinner.

Had an absolutely great crock-pot dish. Ground turkey, shredded carrots, finely sliced green onions, a package of taco seasoning mix and a huge amount of fresh spinach leaves. All cooked until everything was tender. Served in pita halves with salsa, shredded cheddar cheese and some sour cream. Buck and I are full. Tasty dinner.

I like the sounds of this. WIth 2 kids under 2 - I'm alwasy looking for some easy but good recipes. About how long did it take? Just curious.

Last night I made an old favorite here - Chicken/Spinach Enchiladas, for which I used whole-wheat flour tortillas. Served them up with refried beans. Delicious, & with plenty of leftovers for a couple of lunches.

We were introduced to a line of foods from "Kitchens of India" and love it. We nuked a couple with a salad. Yumm.

Back
Top Bottom