Dinner tonight, Sept 5, TGIF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when I get home I'll put a beer can chicken on ze grill and make oven fries.
:)

You home yet?
For all the time chicken takes on the grill, you oughta cook your fries on their too and utilize the fuel you're burning. Thick cut wedges, seasoned well, placed in a foil tray with EVOO and butter.... mmmm.... just a suggestion ;)

I'm having those chicken thighs that the ice cream replaced last night :rolleyes:. I haven't decided how yet.

change my dinner to fast food; jake & i were invited to a shindig tonite.
typical jake; announces shindig 30 minutes before. thanks ALOT, jake...

Moroccan-style vegetable couscous. Homemade dark chocolate ice cream for dessert.

I have no idea whats for dinner......but the temperature is in the 50's (and dropping) so I think I'll stoke up the firepit outside-everyone is invited over for s'mores and hot cider!!!!

I decided to pan fry the thighs. A little changeup from grilling and so I could make gravy. Good thing I had some frozen PC pork juice on hand, I was out of chicken broth :ohmy: I grilled the corn so my grill wouldn't feel like I was neglecting it :rolleyes:

Attachments

• chicken dinner 9-5.jpg
    chicken dinner 9-5.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 155
Well, for some reason we lost power for about three hours this afternoon, so I stopped by a Greek restaurant for some takeout on the way home. Of course, as soon as I pulled up to the house, the power came back on :wacko:

With Hanna blowing through tomorrow, what we cook will depend on whether we have power or not. See ya Sunday :-p

Well, for some reason we lost power for about three hours this afternoon, so I stopped by a Greek restaurant for some takeout on the way home. Of course, as soon as I pulled up to the house, the power came back on :wacko:

With Hanna blowing through tomorrow, what we cook will depend on whether we have power or not. See ya Sunday :-p

That is one of the reasons that if I have any say so, I will always have a gas stove.

We (the Ex and I), ate Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, veggies (don't recall whitch ones) by candle light durning a ice storm years ago.

We had, at SO's request, porcupine balls, mashed potatoes, and corn.

....durning a ice storm years ago.

I remember that storm! I had no power for a few days but I had a fire place, a stock of wood, and cast iron pot and fry pan and an old-style percolator coffee pot. Like camping but much colder. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How sad this was not the best festival we'd attended... We split a chicken parm and rice ball. The rice ball was better than the chicken parm but the gravy on both was very bland. We found the area with the beer and wine, and all they had was an australian red! How do you not have italian wine at an italian festival?? Then, we finally found the booth my breadbaker/deli guy was running and finally had some great food. We had bruschetta, tomato foccacia and sweet calzones.

While the food may have been less than stellar, it's always a pleasure to be in Sinatra park by the river with the full NYC skyline in view.

The DW got some nice flounder filets from work. Seasoned with salt, pepper, Old Bay and cayenne then broiled. Over a bed of the DW's bell pepper rice. Chardonnay.

That is one of the reasons that if I have any say so, I will always have a gas stove.

We (the Ex and I), ate Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, veggies (don't recall whitch ones) by candle light durning a ice storm years ago.

I do have a gas stove :) And a gas water heater, too, so we can even shower in hot water if there's no electric power. However, I may not want to open the fridge if the power is out, and let all the cold air out. But since we have an extra fridge in the sunroom (decided to keep it after renovating the kitchen last year), I think I will move the meats and veggies I'll need for dinner to that one, and the one in the kitchen can stay closed, if necessary.

i got home late from school (and now i have no class), and wasn't in the mood for the fish that dw grilled, so i made a boiguh by sealing in a hunk o' cheddar between 2 pre-formed patties, then grilled it and topped it with onion, tomato, and lettuce from the garden.

it was oozy good.

sides were a salad, fries, and baked beans.

I do have a gas stove :) And a gas water heater, too, so we can even shower in hot water if there's no electric power. However, I may not want to open the fridge if the power is out, and let all the cold air out. But since we have an extra fridge in the sunroom (decided to keep it after renovating the kitchen last year), I think I will move the meats and veggies I'll need for dinner to that one, and the one in the kitchen can stay closed, if necessary.

Good idea. I wish I had that backup. I found out durning hurricane Isabel, that without power for 4 days, the top two shelves of my freezer thawed, but the bottom two stayed frozen solid. Yesterday I rearrange a few things in the event of a power outage, I will still be able to save the meat and a package of bread dough (never know if you will need bread dough in a power outage!).

Good idea. I wish I had that backup. I found out durning hurricane Isabel, that without power for 4 days, the top two shelves of my freezer thawed, but the bottom two stayed frozen solid. Yesterday I rearrange a few things in the event of a power outage, I will still be able to save the meat and a package of bread dough (never know if you will need bread dough in a power outage!).

Pizza on the grill! ;)

Yeah, Isabel was a very interesting situation. We lost power and water for about 5 days. DH laughed at me when I filled up the bathtub before the storm, but it sure came in handy when we had no running water. We couldn't get ice afterward, but I had read somewhere about buying a case of water, opening each one to take out a little of the water, and then freezing them to use as freezer packs in the cooler until they melted, and then of course, you had more water. Didn't do that this time, but if Josephine comes our way, I will.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom