Dinner tonight, TGIF 9/21/07, Friday...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
dinner tonight, TGIF 9/21/07, Friday...

Was thinking about a [warming the cockles of your heart] soup.
Bought a bushel and a peck of potatoes yesterday.
Thought I was running out, WRONG. Now we'll have an over abundance of pots for ions.
So this for dinner but I'll do it all with real pots, not the dehydrated ones or packaged ones as it also calls for....along side a salad of some sort

Restaurant-Quality Baked Potato Soup - Allrecipes

and have wanted to make this for along time and tonights the night.

Naan Bread - Allrecipes

Happy TGIF to all of you and stay warm or stay cool, wherever you reside.:ohmy:

Last edited:
Ken suggested chicken cacciatore for dinner. I'm not in the mood for that so I may have to be creative. LOL. The potato thing makes me think maybe we should do potato skins for dinner. Mmmmmmmmm!

I dont really have anything planned. probably order out. subs or something

Nothing planned and don't feel like cookin', may get pizza or order out.
:ROFLMAO: Change in plans - I am grilling burgers tonight, sweet corn, and sliced tomatoes/onions.

Last edited:
I made a lovely cold pasta salad with whole wheat penne, tomato, basil and parmesan cheese. Now for my bottle of wine I've waited all day to open!

We're going out of town to a cabin in James River State Park for a weekend of hiking and biking. Tonight we'll have hamburgers with cheese and A-1 sauce sans buns, sliced veggies with Ranch dressing dip and mac & cheese.

There's no Internet or TV, so "see" ya Sunday :)

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, GotGarlic--enjoy!

DH is working late again tonight so I think we'll keep it easy and use up some of the leftovers that need to be eaten anyway.

We're still without an oven and still "eating down" the freezer, so dinner tonight will be chicken saltimbocca-style and a veggie of some sort and either noodles or couscous.

Have a great time G'Garlic. If your weather's anything like ours, you'll have a glorious weekend. I'm jealous. Buck and I haven't been camping in a long, long while.

We're still without an oven and still "eating down" the freezer, so dinner tonight will be chicken saltimbocca-style and a veggie of some sort and either noodles or couscous.

Have a great time G'Garlic. If your weather's anything like ours, you'll have a glorious weekend. I'm jealous. Buck and I haven't been camping in a long, long while.
Katie, I'm sorry your oven is still on the blink. Must be driving you mad! Thank heavens you are well acquainted with your crock pots.

Will order a small pizza for ds and finish up the roasted chicken myself, instead of the medium I usually order for us to share. If I don't, it will need to be thrown out and I hate to do that. Dh is working late and will eat there or have whatever pizza is left over.

i made the pot roast last night, but it took so long in the crock pot that i ended up putting it in the fridge for tonight's dinner. just have to make mased potatoes, and thicken the gravy.

Crab cake on a boiga bun with lettuce, tomato and mayo. French fries and coleslaw on the side.

I thought it was supposed to be repaired by now! It's a good thing you're such a resourceful cook, Katie! :)

Yes, it was supposed to have been fixed yesterday...except the part the repairmen put in didn't work either. So, it's back to ordering a part, which MIGHT get here by Monday or Tuesday. More likely next Thursday. This means we'll have been without our oven for 3 weeks. IF the new part works.

Yep, Fisher's Mom, I've reformatted next week's menus to include crock-pot meals.

All that talk about McDonald's fries being bad for you...
well darn it that's what I had. Fries and mcnuggets !!!!

Back
Top Bottom