Dinner tonight, the 8th of February...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks lp. :chef:

i didn't know that about cioppino. it sounded italian to me. all of the times that i've had it included some kind of tomatoes, but i've never been to san fran.

and zuppa, i meant zuppa di pesce, or yes, a fish soup. marechiare is very similar, but i don't know if there's any difference except the broth is more of a sauce.

and zuppa, i meant zuppa di pesce, or yes, a fish soup. marechiare is very similar, but i don't know if there's any difference except the broth is more of a sauce.

Okay, I should have realized you were just shortening zuppa. I guess the two differences here are that zuppa di pesce does have more of a fish broth and is usually more fish based while marechiare is tomato and shellfish.

Anyway, now you have me really craving something "fishy", but since the perogies are all done I will have to wait until tomorrow. We have a new meat and fish store just opened up nearby and I have been wanting to check it out!

Making corn chowder with grilled cheese and then it's off to bed....whew long week!

Dh is working again. I'll either have a basil alfredo pasta with mushrooms, toasted pine nuts and spinach or turkey quesadillas. It depends on what the kids want. Aidan is getting weird about noodles. What kid doesnt like noodles? Boy, that kid is picky.

We are having fresh shrimp in a chipotle cream sauce, rice & leftover salad from last night. For dessert LEFSELover's banana bread (recipe) but with dark chocolate chips instead of nuts....oh, so good!! Thank you!

Broiled salmon with lime juice, spices and herbs, roasted potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies for dessert.

I kept things real simple last night, even by my standards ;)
I seasoned and fried up some pork "riblets" with a little onion and some garlic, then let them simmer a while in some chicken broth. Made some canned corn (I love the taste of canned corn almost as much as fresh/frozen. It's different). And gave gravy making another whack. I think the chile powder and cayenne pepper I had on the pork gave the gravy its reddish tint. It was pretty flavorful at any rate. I had lots of "goodies" in the pan :)

Attachments

• riblets.jpg
    riblets.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 183
I'd have to say you put a little more work and thought into your pork dinner than I did mine.... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom