Dinner tonight..Thurs.12/13/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got the grand kids tonight and they all want fish and chips. We have a box of frozen battered cod from Costco in the fridge. I just need to quickly learn how to make some tartar sauce tonight.

Rf, almost the same, lazy Thursday so rang our local fish n chip shop, ordered then went and picked up. Chip buttie then the rest fish and a hot dog, not as you know them though. These are battered sausages. Like most fish n chip shops around us it's run by a Vietnamese family.

Russ

H
That's interesting, they own nail salons around here.... more so than pho joints

My son actually went to school with the owners son.They are a really nice family. Their family own about 4 shops in our city. The nail shops around us are mainly Chinese.

Russ

We got the grand kids tonight and they all want fish and chips. We have a box of frozen battered cod from Costco in the fridge. I just need to quickly learn how to make some tartar sauce tonight.
Tartar sauce is really easy. Pickle relish (or minced gherkins, I use minced dill pickle), mayo, mustard to taste, seedy mustard works well. Minced onion and capers are optional as is white wine vinegar to taste.

Last edited:
Craig made his sausage gravy to top Alton Brown's recipe of biscuits he made up. He also had a couple of fried eggs on his plate. I cut up the watermelon and washed the blackberries, whew so much work!

Attachments

• 2018-12-13 17.04.14.jpg
    2018-12-13 17.04.14.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 120
Craig made his sausage gravy to top Alton Brown's recipe of biscuits he made up. He also had a couple of fried eggs on his plate. I cut up the watermelon and washed the blackberries, whew so much work!

Med, considering all the detailed work you put into your meals, you deserve a break today!!

My wife made calamari marinara with penne tonight. It was good, but she and my boy ate so early because he has an early MMA class tonight. Muay Thai for the first hour, then Jiu Jitsu.

Btw, do you know the definition of Jiu Jitsu? It's the art of folding clothes with people still in them.

I have a nice little octopus that I'm planning on turning into Pulpo Gallego tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. I took tonight off, so I'm trying to find the motivation to get up off the couch.

Last edited:
I'm on my own for supper tonight. I am just grazing. I had an Italian sausage so far and the last lone onion bhaji. I was hoping to use an Indian ready meal for my veg, but they all have tomato and / or potato, which I am avoiding at the moment. I'm also out of lettuce - I finished that off on a ham sandwich earlier today.

I'm back in San Francisco. I'm in a hotel near the airport, so the food choices are not the greatest. I'll probably just grab a burger at the nearby Wendy's.

CD

Tuscan Butter Shrimp was tonight's dinner.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_540a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_540a.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom