Dinner tonight? Thursday 05 April 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
What are your plans tonight?

I have pizza dough from the freezer on the counter now. Another hour and I can start preheating the oven and stone.

Pepperoni and mushroom tonight. :yum:

We had pork chops (marinated in balsamic vinegar and rosemary), salad (rocket and parmesan), sauteed mushrooms and a sourdough bagette. I'd been cooking for several hours (and have a day of it tomorrow) so couldn't be bothered to do much.

it's dw's birthday, so i think we're going back to the japanese hibachi place we went to last week.
don't ask me. thousands of restaurants to go to, and we're going back.
it is a very nice place, and the food is good, but...

Mojo marinated pork roast with black beans and rice.

I making a southwest flavored pork stew with mushrooms, onions, tomato with green chilies. We'll have black beans and rice with that.

We ended up not having the chicken Alfredo yesterday because James didn't realize I had anything planned and decided to surprise me with Wendy's. I wanted to be mad, but I couldn't be! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: So tonight will be the chicken Alfredo, but instead of broccoli (which I had planned for last night) we will have zucchini. I would have planned on that last night, but I had forgotten I had just bought it!

After 5 days of eating out at some pretty awesome restaurants, I had to cook tonight. :(
I've got country fried steaks, mashed taters with country gravy and green beans.

I had no idea what to cook, so I went shopping to see if that would inspire me. It did. I was going to make beef Stroganoff. But, by the time I got home, it was too late. I have a client coming at 20h30, so I ordered from Mr. Falafel. It will be a shwarma platter and a shish taouk platter with taboule. They make really yummy food.

I made a pot of Musgo Minestrone today!

It is sort of a family tradition to clean out the fridg and eat scrappy in the days leading up to a holiday. It was the way my mother and grandmother balanced the budget. It also seemed to make us appreciate the holiday treats a little more. Old habits die hard! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Pinto beans with sliced sausage & cornbread. I gotta say, my cornbread was pretty rockin' today! For dessert - drumstick ice cream cone.

Got a small pork tenderloin sliced and pounded thin, will dredge in flour then dip in egg and put in a mix of panko and fresh grated parm fry in veggie oil will have some mashed potatoes with garlic cooked in cream and then added, roasted asparagus and a small salad of baby spinach with strwberries and angel biscuits.
kades

I was going to do a twist on this:

Steven and Chris | Arbequina Olive Bucatini

Subbing out whole wheat pasta for the pasta, no chicken, and regular spanish olives with a splash of smoke flavor to compensate.

But I got distracted making Kimichi. I think it was BuckyTom's link to Rock's post on this, but I couldn't find it again when I searched...I didn't have the radishes, nor the chili (I used some Thai red chili paste)....so far, it is really good.

We went to our fave Mexican restaurant for Enchiladas Indigenous Al Pastor and Pollo Ajillo.

We had Black Bean Quesadillas with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, onion, etc. with melted extra sharp cheddar.

We had classic Quiche Lorraine along with two giant artichokes and dipping sauce of mayo, garlic powder and fresh lemon juice.

img_1126704_0_9d1761aed375693b060a39f405f3cb13.jpg

I forged the Ice Box for dinner. I had leftover Tuna Salad on Wheat Toast. Pineapple cup. I just noshed on the leftover Spicy Honey Chicken.:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom