Dinner tonight..Wed. 10/23/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I came across a blast from the past recipe I used to make from Peg Bracken's "I Hate to Cook" book published in the '60's. I lost my book copy somewhere along the way so I'm glad for my memory jog. I'll be using some frozen artichoke hearts from TJ's today, but canned water packed artichokes work well too as I remember. I'll be serving it with Orzo, something I never used in those days.

If you like thighs, artichokes and mushrooms, this is delicious. :yum:
https://thehungrybluebird.com/recipes/braised-chicken-with-artichokes-in-mushroom-sherry-sauce/

What's cooking at your house today?

Last edited:
Pork Chop with Gravy and String Beans

I had dinner for lunch and will just have a salad for supper.
IMG_20191023_140903009.jpg

Pork Chop Gravy and String Beans kcal.jpg

One of the local chain markets had frozen whole turkey breasts on sale for half off, so we decided to get 1, roast it and have club sandwiches. I only have a single decker club. We'll portion the rest of the turkey in meal size packages and have several meals from it. Homemade chips.

Attachments

• 2019-10-23 17.34.31.jpg
    2019-10-23 17.34.31.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 94
We might have just enough leftovers to satisfy us. I made salads earlier. I called "dibs" on the last of the wonton soup to have after we come home from picking up my car, Klaus, from his pre-vacation check-up. He's ready to launch whenever we are. But first we have to go get him. So, bye!

Last night was hot dogs on whole wheat buns. I had one bun and one on plate. I really don't like buns or want those carbs. I also made a small batch of mac salad.

hot_dogs_mac_salad_102319_IMG_6375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom