Dinner Tonite, NYE, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GotGarlic, I just merged the two threads. Now everyone's together.

Heh. I think I "saw" you about halfway through :) I noticed that suddenly scoobagirl's thread had a different name and figured that's what you were doing.

I'm not feeling up to making a big dinner tonight, so I'm going with an oldie but a goodie: sweet and sour meatballs over rice. Haven't made that in years. We do have a nice Prosecco for later. Might have that over Chambord.

We just enjoyed a large sushi platter (purchased) for dinner, & later on we'll be having caviar, smoked salmon pinwheels, herring in sour cream, an assortment of bruschetta toppings on toasted baguette slices, & some lentil soup for luck, accompanying champagne (of course), to ring in 2009.

caviar/toast points
champagne
chimay
bacon-wrapped filets
corn pudding
roasted taters, broccoli, scallions

fancy chocolates for a tiny sweet ending.

Happy New Year!

not sure, had egg nog for breakfast, lol. have some chinese in freezer, maybe that. think will make wings tomorrow, to eat with left over potato salad, doctored up a bet. the ones from store make a good base but they are pretty bland on their own.

wow .. lots of good food getting made tonight ..
we are having one our favorites ..
boneless buffalo bites .. super spicy ...

We lost power for several hours so thank goodness I didn't have anything big planned.

I tried out oven roasted shrimp cocktail using Ina Garten's recipe. Disappointing..I much prefer the old fashioned way.

We had buffalo wings, tater tots and a vegetable crudite platter. Ate while watching the Chick-fil-a bowl.

Etoufe, cornbread, mixed veggies, scalloped potatoes, green salad, gingerbread w/hard sauce and whipped cream for dessert. Not bad, for homeless shelter fare. I'm making them breakfast in the morning, and it'll be pretty plain, but hot, wholesome, tasty and filling. Happy new year from Ojai! May your coming year be peaceful, healthy, happy and prosperous

change of plans again. my little guy is sick again. :(
so we stayed home. i picked up some lobsters and fresh semolina bread, and dw made an eye round roast, with herb roasted potatoes, and baked butternut squash.

I grilled salmon steaks and topped them with the grapefruit salsa. The salsa came out pretty good, just need to tweak it a bit. We laso had a side salad with dresing we got from a Japanese restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom