Dinner, Tues. Jan. 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cajun catfish fillets, egg dipped then cracker meal, pan fried, served with hot sauce and tartar sauce, sides of sauteed chard and a brown rice pilaf (not really dirty, but close.

yum

sick and tired

i am on the mend but food tastes awful. except smoked oysters i ate a few last night.

ordering pizzia, del. maybe it will tempt me.

i have a delightful young man doing some work for me so have asked him to stay he loves to cook and we enjoy each others company. he has done other jobs for me. hard excellant worker.so pizza it is.

babetoo

Happy Anniversary, Elf! I hope the food is great because I know the company will be.;)

We're having breaded, boneless pork chops ala Corrine, roasted cauliflower, and steamed broccoli. Fresh pineapple slices for desert.

OK, In the pork section I mentioned the loins on sale.. Here is what we had tonight...

Porkloin with chipotle & red pepper sauce...

OK, dinner was a HUGE success. I live alone so I called up some friends to act as guinea pigs. Everyone ate a lot more than we should. I cooked an entire half loin and the 3 of us ate 2/3 of it..

simple to make.

1 jar Chipotle relish.
1 Jar roasted red peppers.
place both in a food processor and chop to chunky state.
add 2/3 jar Chili Sauce--an overlooked condiment... wonderful flavors in there.
Sea salt, black pepper, ~~teaspoon each??

Slice an onion, lay the slices on the bottom of your roasting pan.
Take the loin, coat with the sauce all over, lay on top of the onions. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the meat. Cut golden potatoes in half(you don't need to peel them). place around the meat. Lay carrots(I use the mini carrots in a bag) where ever they fit, but get a lot of them in there. Pour in some water and some white wine(I used a nice Riesling) Cover.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the roasting pan in the oven for one hour. After one hour, vent the lid(I use a wad of aluminum foil under one edge just to vent it a little). Turn the heat down to 325 and bake for approx 2-2.5 hours. When the carrots are done, the roast will be done.

No reason to do anything to the drippings, serve it as is over pretty much everything.

Man.... I love a good pork loin..

Leftover stroganof. Actually, leftovers of leftovers. I made coq au vin Saturday night. then I took the chicken from it and sliced some beef very thin, added sour cream and noodles, and turned it in to stroganof. I goofed up and didn't put enough seasoning in it, soi fixed it this week. If I do say so myself, pretty darned good. I was disappointed the first day I made the stroganof...... is it my imagination, or is sour cream getting less sour? I wound up adding yogurt to the mixture to make it sour enough for our tastes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom