Dinner, Tues. July 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a link to a video that shows the type of foam from a whipped cream dispenser. The ISI website also has a bunch of foam recipes:

YouTube - ISI Whip and Foam Makers - Cooking.com Interview

Thermo Whip Recipes - iSi North America

I can't find a video for the other type. However, on Bravo's website, if you look for Marcel's audition video, he makes a carrot foam using an immersion blender but it doesn't really show it that well. It's just a short glimpse at him doing it. Basically though, the liquid that you are going to foam needs to be strongly flavored and seasoned or else it won't have any taste. When you taste the liquid before you foam it, if you think it tastes just right then add more salt. If you think it's slightly salty, add more salt. Then, when you foam it up it will taste perfect.

Here's one that you can serve with grilled salmon or scallops:

1 cup water
6 Tbsp. Butter
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Lecithin
Kosher Salt

In a two-quart sauce pan, combine the water, butter, and lemon and heat over moderate temp. until the butter is melted and the water is about 140 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in the horseradish and lecithin. Season well with salt and add more horseradish if needed. To foam, place the immersion blender in the sauce pan and tilt the sauce pan at a 20 (approx.) degree angle. Using the blender, "bounce" the sauce off the upward side of the pan (you'll need to practice to get the angle and technique right, but don't move the blender around. Once you get the proper angle you can keep the blender there and the sauce will foam).

Last edited:
Cool videos. I can see why you're into foam - so many flavor possibilities. I bet peanut butter would make a delicious dessert. I tried Yoplait's chocolate raspberry mousse yogurt, & really enjoyed the taste & texture - very fluffy and air-y (whipped?). Don't know if they used the same method, but I would try the other flavors too, i.e. dulce de leche etc. Here's a look.

Yoplait - Products - Whips

I googled the dan dan, as I love noodles. My fave is paht (Pad) Thai. (The peanuts made me think of it.) Your dan dan looks like there's chicken, mushrooms, shredded carrots & the onions. I'll have to order a Pad Thai for dinner soon. :) (The only thing I have in the house is Top Ramen :ermm: :LOL: )

Last edited:
Last night I made an impromptu "Mexican" meatloaf that came out quite well. I added a sauteed mix of chopped onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, Italian flat-leaf parsley, & 4 chopped cloves of garlic to 3 pounds of ground turkey meat. Also added 2 beaten eggs & 3/4 of an 8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese cut into small dice. A couple of handfulls of dried seasoned breadcrumbs finished the mix, which was then formed into a loaf in my big Williams-Sonoma ceramic "loaf" pan (my favorite meatloaf pan on the planet - lol!!). After cooking for 40 minutes at 400 degrees, I reduced the temp to 350, topped the meatloaf with a can of hot red enchilada sauce, & continued cooking for another hour. Boy was it great!!!

Served it with a side of Zatarain's Spanish Rice mix & a big green salad.

The leftover Zatarain's rice will be going into a tuna-stuffed peppers recipe I plan on making later this week. Waste not, want not.

*amy* said:
Cool videos. I can see why you're into foam - so many flavor possibilities. I bet peanut butter would make a delicious dessert. I tried Yoplait's chocolate raspberry mousse yogurt, & really enjoyed the taste & texture - very fluffy and air-y (whipped?). Don't know if they used the same method, but I would try the other flavors too, i.e. dulce de leche etc. Here's a look.

Yoplait - Products - Whips

I googled the dan dan, as I love noodles. My fave is paht (Pad) Thai. (The peanuts made me think of it.) Your dan dan looks like there's chicken, mushrooms, shredded carrots & the onions. I'll have to order a Pad Thai for dinner soon. :) (The only thing I have in the house is Top Ramen :ermm: :LOL: )

Almost got it all. There was no mushrooms though. It had onions, carrots, chicken, tofu, kai choy (green mustard cabbage), scallion, and thai chilis. The sauce was hoisin, soy, mirin, lime juice, peanut butter, and chicken stock.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom