Dinner, Tues. July 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having chicken cordon bleu,roasted red potatoes,fresh string beans,homemade buttermilk biscuits and homemade pound cake with cherries and whipped cream.....yum yum

Capellini with meatball and sausage, covered in my Sicilian grandmother's recipe spaghetti sauce. Strawberries and cream for dessert.

I'm thinking a one-dish meal of grilled Italian sausage, green and red peppers, and onions with penne. I still have some Loaded Chocolate Brownie ice cream for dessert.

We are just ordering some subs tonight. I had to go into work for some training and DH is running errands and won't be home until late.

We had chicken and rice (from our leftover roast chicken) baby lima beans, fresh yellow squash, fried okra and iced tea. For dessert which we will have a little later, we are having ambrosia made from clementines and coconut and maybe a cookie.

Pounded chicken breasts stuffed with chopped peanuts, peanut butter, onions, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger. Cooked in chicken broth mixed with more soy sauce, honey, and butter. Couscous and a green veggie of some sort on the side.

Barb L said:
Tonight Iam making chili dogs, corn on the cob, and cole slaw. Dessert - ice cream sandwich dipped in peanuts :rolleyes: !
Barb,
grand menu, We're having chili dogs, corn on the cob,and fruit salad and cake for dessert..Now, who was peeking in the others refrigerator?:LOL:
Boy, are our minds running on the same track:-p

kadesma

Mesquite Steak seasoned with my own BBQ Mikey Seasoning

Served with Steak Fries and Cole Slaw

I brined some chicken, and made my Smoke-Roasted Chicken, with some corn and a package of broccoli rice.

i grilled tonight. italian marinated boneless chicken breasts and thighs, bbq sauced chicken legs, spice rubbed zucchini, and pineapple.

dw made white rice (she did something different that was very tasty, and won't tell me what it was, grrrr) and a salad from the garden of tomatoes, basil, arrugula, lettuce, and balsamic.

*amy* said:
My lips are sealed. :LOL:

That does look gooood. Thanks for sharing I See. :chef:

Thanks. There's two basic versions of this dish: with or without peanuts. Both versions have to be spicy, however. I like to use fresh Thai chilis for the heat and forget the chopped peanuts, I use peanut butter in the sauce.

i've found that peanuts help cut the heat of the chilis, to the point of being indispensible in many dishes. i wonder if foam would have the same effect as a peanut sauce, or ground peanuts.

btw, i.c., love the avatar, speaking of foam.

buckytom said:
i've found that peanuts help cut the heat of the chilis, to the point of being indispensible in many dishes. i wonder if foam would have the same effect as a peanut sauce, or ground peanuts.

btw, i.c., love the avatar, speaking of foam.

A foam doesn't really have enough body to cut the heat of a chile. It's more of a way of adding a flavor to a dish without really affecting the texture or composition because the foam itself is so airy. But there's two kinds, the second of which has more body and may help to cut heat if used correctly. They type that I usually do incorporates a liquid and the use of an immersion blender to add the airyness. The second type uses gelatin sheets, a whipped cream dispenser and CO2. The second type has more body and looks like whipped cream. However it can only be served cold. The first type of foam can made from a hot or cold liquid.

I'd like to try a foam sometime, never have. I don't believe Ive seen it in any resteraunts around, are there any special names for foam or a dish using it?

Oh yea and Im very impressed by your scallion cutting IC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom