Dinner Tues. June 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
thin chicken breast cooked with orange balsamic vinegar , salt, pepper.
Shredded cabbage sauteed , grey salt , pepper, herbes de provence, balsamic vinegar.

Last edited:
Supposed to have my son's 1st baseball game tonight. Their last 2 practices have been rained out, so they have not done that in 2 weeks.
So, if tonight's monsoon holds off we have a game at 7.

I want to make some chicken wings but I'm waiting for MIL's recipe.
Hopefully I'll have it by noon. If not....
Sketti?

Going out to meet a friend... she started working on the same day ( same place) that I did. She's already quit. She's smarter than I am. Any way... I'm looking forward to a great salad and maybe a bowl of hot soup.

Marinating boneless skinless chicken thighs all night in ranch dressing and ketchup and lime seasoning. I know it sounds disgusting and I have no idea how it'll turn out or if they'll even be good. Don't know where or why I got the idea, just seemed like maybe it'd work. Gonna put my croutons from yesterday in the Cuisinart, pulse the hail out of 'em and douse the chicken in them, then drizzle a little melted butter on top before I bake 'em. Started thinking the texture needed adding to, a crumb topping will help I think. Did anyone know about panko and if you think it could be made at home?
Mash of cauliflower, celery root, potatoes, butter/cream salt and pepper.
Spinach salad with red onions, hard cooked eggs, mushrooms, walnuts, lemon vinaigretta.
Bread sticks from last night with butter, for him, not me.
I may have a bite or two of the mousse:ohmy:.

Last edited:
Greek salad (subbing beets for the tomatoes)
Avgolemono Soup
Spanokopita
Baklava (I picked up from a fab Armenian bakery/restaurant. More re the Armenian bakery/restaurant later.)

Taiwanese take-out...

App: Scallion Pancake w Egg

Soup: King Oyster Mushroom Soup

For Her:
Sausage Fried Rice
Taiwanese Style meatballs
Hibiscus Spice Tea

For Him:
Shredded Beef with Hot Pepper
Spicy Napa
Kumquat Lime Juice

Do you think that will be enough for the 2 of us?...:pig:

pizza!;) with homemade whole wheat crust, tomato sauce, heavy on the portabella mushrooms, light on the sausage with some sauteed onions and garlic fresh from the garden:)

oh, and don't forget the cheeses:wacko:

Happy Anniversary Corazon, hope your family feels better soon.

Tonight will be chicken fried pork steak, w/onion gravy, potatoes and grilled asparagus.

making my last oven meal till summer weather clears.
baby meatloaves, mashed taters, roast carrot, & another veggie fer us.

enough of jake's food, now we're cooking my way tomorrow!)

Last edited:
Oh, Corazon, Happy Anniversary!! I'm so sorry you are all still sick and hope you are better very soon!

I am roasting two whole chicken breast "racks" (ala Cooks Illustrated). It is a special technique that I am curious about - I'll let you know how it turns out. Also a cauliflower/broccoli casserole and some fresh mangoes. The guy who usually delivers our water dropped by yesterday with some he had picked from his own trees - 20 pounds of fresh ripe mangoes for 40 pesos ($4 USD). I'll have to puree some and freeze them before they go bad....

We're taking my niece out to her favorite restraunt for her 16th birthday.
She's such a good girl:). (she's making me feel old though:rolleyes:)

It is another hot one here, we hit 99 degree, so nothing too hot or heavy for dinner.

I'm marinating chicken tenders in a mixture with orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, honey, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. I'll skewer them and grill them up and have salad on the side.

I am supposed to make chicken Panang tonight, but don't much feel like cooking as I am tired today and dragging, so maybe everyone fends for themselves.

My mother in law is here for 2 weeks, and my daughter (step) is here for 10 days. We've been hanging out by the pool (inflatable one, but big enough for a raft!)!

Tonight my daughter wanted loose meat, baked potatoes (on the grill cuz I wont start the oven!), and broccoli with cheese! We have cherry pie for dessert (store bought) or ice cream with Hershey's syrup and caramel syrup.

Marinating boneless skinless chicken thighs all night in ranch dressing and ketchup and lime seasoning. I know it sounds disgusting and I have no idea how it'll turn out or if they'll even be good. Don't know where or why I got the idea, just seemed like maybe it'd work. Gonna put my croutons from yesterday in the Cuisinart, pulse the hail out of 'em and douse the chicken in them, then drizzle a little melted butter on top before I bake 'em. Started thinking the texture needed adding to, a crumb topping will help I think. Did anyone know about panko and if you think it could be made at home?
Mash of cauliflower, celery root, potatoes, butter/cream salt and pepper.
Spinach salad with red onions, hard cooked eggs, mushrooms, walnuts, lemon vinaigretta.
Bread sticks from last night with butter, for him, not me.
I may have a bite or two of the mousse:ohmy:.

I wouldn't add the butter before baking. It will make your breading too soft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom