Dinner, Tues. June 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
/Tonight we are having spaghetti w/red clam/ mushroom sauce , salad, and garlic bread. Dessert will be cake/pie filling dessert (from DessertDiva).

Last edited:
Steak on the grill. I'll make some rice pilaf and we'll have a veggie. Not sure what kind of veggie yet though. I have to use what's in the house to save on money. I have been running down to the store to pick up this or that ect. way too much lately.

Today I brought salad (romaine lettuce, shredded colby and jack cheeses, croutons, and thousand island dressing, each in separate containers) for lunch, so I will be making supper at home tonight. I also have some hulled whole strawberries and red seedless grapes for my daily munching, and another HUGE brownie for either dessert or a mid-afternoon snack.

I have a couple of Omaha Steaks' pork loin chops thawed in the fridge, and I was considering a Cajun style rub, toss them on the gas grill, make red beans and rice in the rice cooker, and stir-fry (my gas grill's side burner gets the wok hot enough!) some brocolli. I still have some brownies left and I want to polish them off so I can make my world famous Chocolate Ecstacy strawberry shortcake while my strawberries are still fresh, so it will be a brownie and a scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Last edited:
Greek stuffed chicken breasts. I will either cut a pocket for the filling or roll the breasts up with the filling (feta cheese, chopped walnuts & parsley). Sides to be determined - either spinach fetucinne or parslied/buttered broad egg noodles w s&p, broiled tomatoes, warm buttered rolls, and layered fresh sliced strawberries & vanilla ice cream parfaits.

Not sure what we're having. My dad is coming but is taking the boys out so it will be just me and hubby tonight. I might convince him to go out too with a coupon for Texas Roadhouse or Silver Diner!

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary and since we're not going out to eat I'm making DH a nice meal at home--I put a pot roast in the crock pot first thing this morning and it smells SO good (thanks, Katie!:) ) and I'll serve it along with red new potatoes and carrots that are cooking with the roast, fresh corn on the cob and green beans from our local farm stand. I offered to make apple crisp for dessert since it's DH's favorite but he said he'd take care of dessert. I think he'll be taking Sofie and me out for ice cream.:)

Happy Anniversary PABaker!!

I'm going to marinate some Portobello Mushroom Caps and then grill them and serve them on a Kaiser roll with a Mustard/Basil Sauce and Arugula Leaves. For the sides its going to be Fresh Corn Salad and Grilled Peaches.

Because it is hotter than Hades here today, this morning I picked up 2 pounds of extra-large shrimp & had the store steam them for me "extra spicy". Popped them in the fridge, & we'll have them chilled for dinner with lots of good horseradish & lemon spiked cocktail sauce. Doesn't get much easier than that - lol!

Last edited:
Simple easy tonight...Grilled hot dogs wrapped in bacon with buns, macaroni salad, fruit salad,goodies for the dogs, chilli,cheese,diced onions, tomatoes, french fries and dessert is just pound cake with sliced straberries stirred into blended frozen raspberries,orange liquer,sugar and lemon juice and this put on top of the cake and then a little whipped cream.
kadesma:)

We had zuchinni mousaka and a greek salad. I hit the farmers market this weekend and I got a ton of homegrown zuchinni and tomatoes - yum! Of course my husband said "this would be good without the zuchinni in it" !!

2 strip steaks & 2 gamehens to choose from & he decides to zonk. sooo, tuna
he'll probably be more appreciative 'bout meals afrer he starves.

Last edited:
I made some Quesadillas with smoked chicken, co-jack and Queso Asadero, with Salsa Verde and sour cream for garnish. It was good!

well....must admit we saw this on the internet -

mr. callie just seasoned flour with some garlic pepper, pepper, a little cajun seasoning. Dipped strips of bacon in buttermilk, then dredged in the flour and deep fried. I made the white cream gravy and added lots of black pepper. You can't believe how GOOD this is :LOL:

Next time: blt w/chicken fried bacon!!!

Back
Top Bottom