Dinner Tuesday, 11-24-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I tried a new recipe, one for mozzarella ball stuffed meatballs. While it said to serve the meatball in a bowl of sauce, Himself put in a request for a bed of spaghetti. Salad on the side.

What did you have in your house?

IMG_20201124_210450850_HDR.jpgIMG_20201124_210435799_HDR.jpg

I had pre-Thanksgiving. I made dressing and baked crustless pumpkin pie guts, along with a slice of Jennie-O hickory smoked turkey breast. Didn't make the cranberry orange relish yet, that will wait until tomorrow.

Spent all day prepping for Thursday. We just had a quick dinner of leftovers and freezer pickings.

I made a delicious gumbo type dish tonight, in the IP, with some leftover ham and okra, from the freezer, a can of diced tomatoes, and onion, bell pepper, garlic, thyme, cloves, bay, and hot pepper. I also used toor dal and some leftover brown rice, and added some fish sauce, for salt, and that flavor it added was a plus. I cooked it for 2½ hrs. on slow cook high, and the lentils were done, but still had some texture - toor dal is another, like channa dal, that keeps its shape longer, without turning mushy. The rice sort of disintegrated - no big deal, but I probably should have put it in much later, since it was already cooked.
Gumbo type dish, with a pint of okra, brown rice, and toor dal. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made tamale pie. Ground Beef, poblanos, corn, and the usual aromatics and spices, topped with cornbread, mixed with a bit of cheese and corn. Not pretty, but very tasty.

Attachments

• 20201124_185851.jpg
    20201124_185851.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 73
Jeannie had an eye doc appointment so we stopped @ a fave (Bellacino's) for grinders.

Jeannie enjoyed a prime rib grinder and I stayed with my favorite, Cubano. I also had a Caesar salad. Love that place. :yum:

Had Aldi apple strudel later, for dessert.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom