Dinner Tuesday 14th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking about making chicken salad wraps. I bought some spinach tortillas and some tomato-basil tortillas, and I think they would be good that way.

However, since it is nice and cool today (60s) I may change my mind and go with kielbasa, baked beans, and cottage cheese, and do the wraps tomorrow. The high is supposed to be 89 tomorrow.

Yesterday, I got a notification about a special from Penn Dutch. Beef tenderloin for $5.99 lb with an e-mail coupon, while supplies last. I don't know what their supply level was but I did some serious damage to what was in the case. I nabbed about 10 lbs. The grill is calling tonight!;)

grilling here tonight. my turkish rub on skewers of turkey buzzard, ;), er, i mean chicken thighs and tenderloins.

pics later.

I'm thinking of taking the leftover garlic chicken and cubing it up. Then doing up a pot of pasta alfredo and stirring in the chicken and have some salad to go with it. Maybe some garlic bread but that may be too many carbs.

Pizza and baseball.
spinach,mushroom,onion
39817-albums960-picture5495.jpg
0n a basil crust.

Last edited:
Somebody slap me for not using common sense. It was 98 degrees today and I made beef stew in the oven. Ok, it was made with leftover pot roast, gravy and veggies. Still thirty minutes heating together. I guess the day calls for a dish of chocolate ice cream for dessert.

S&P, great looking 'za!

Steve, meaty indeed! Manly, yes, but I'd like it too!

:yum:

Taco Tuesday here.

Last edited:
Somebody slap me for not using common sense. It was 98 degrees today and I made beef stew in the oven. Ok, it was made with leftover pot roast, gravy and veggies. Still thirty minutes heating together. I guess the day calls for a dish of chocolate ice cream for dessert.

At 98 degrees I would have had chocolate ice cream for dinner!

Stopped at the brand-spankin' new grocery store in the town next door. They will deep-fry seafood at their fish counter, so I got 1/2 pound each of bay scallops and swai. Also got 1/2 pound of fresh cod, which I baked. Salad, broccoli and a nice Vienna baguette for the rest. Plus finishing up the Mother's Day cheesecake.

Nice enough store, but just like the old one I'll probably shop there only when I want fried seafood. Prices are high and the place has the worst accoustics...noisy! Oh, and why do grocery stores sometimes put ALL their bagels in the same case? I don't want a cinnamon-raisin-garlic bagel! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom