Dinner Tuesday 26th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm using up a combination of fresh zucchini I bought Saturday before it goes bad, some scraps of beef and pork I had saved and frozen, some canned tomato, and seasonings to be named later. It will be some kind of stew to be served over rice.

I'm going to finish off the puttanesca I made the other night. Probably over riggs or penne.

I agree! Most of the time I don't understand half of what you are having :LOL: I think I recognize your word for grilling though... if I saw it ;)

Yeah I know :( Just to travel to SA from Botswana for a cheap cable is not doing it for me right now! I will and when I do you might regret it :LOL:
Prepare yourself for a snap happy Snip! It will be pics all over the show :p
For now you will just have to use your imagination!

Well, I think I can make a meatloaf that everyone can eat so that will be dinner. DH will have it plain with mixed veggies and boiled baby potatoes. Dad will have it pureed with beef gravy in and over it with mashed potatoes and pureed carrots. Since the sinuses are still affecting my teeth I will just mash my baby potatoes, meatloaf and veggies all together with gravy!

If I get to it, we will have strawberry sorbet for dessert!

Oh, and if after all the cleaning, sorting, etc. I am doing around the house I don't feel like cooking, I will just head across the Rockies to Alix's house for onion soup! :rolleyes:

LP you are a true angel :) Just listening to how you lovingly care for those around you is a true inspiration :)

I threw chili fixin's in the crock pot at lunchtime... should be ready soon.

I have water on to boil as I'm typing, going to make a classic carbonara, it's one of my facorite dishes. Lets face it, bacon, cheese, and pasta, it can't get much better. ;)

I pulled a strip steak out to thaw a while ago. I kind of knew the puttanesca and pasta wasn't going to do the trick by itself. I hope I have a can of something green in the pantry, but if not I've got a head of cauliflower and some romaine... I'll come up with something else to round out the bill.

I have water on to boil as I'm typing, going to make a classic carbonara, it's one of my facorite dishes. Lets face it, bacon, cheese, and pasta, it can't get much better. ;)

and eggs.........I couldn't agree more, cmontg. One of my favorite quick and easy meals also! By the way, welcome to DC. :chef:

Got back from Alaska after a wonderful time and I'm ready to cook again. I missed all of you!
I have a couple of big portabella mushrooms, and I think I'll plop a couple of big meat loaf style meatballs on top of each one and bake them with a spicy tomato sauce on top. I'll take a picture if they turn out purdy...;)

So, Kayelle, got pix? I always wanted to go to Alaska. I'd love a virtual tour. Hint, hint.

Missed you too!

You all sound so ambitious!! I tossed various leftovers into a stir-fry, served over ramen noodles. Told my husband no more seafood/fish for awhile. In the past week I think we've had various forms of fish and seafood every day. I know it is good for me, but enough is enough. Today I stir-fried the leftover poke and shrimp from a gazpacho a friend brought over Sunday. Told husband all, and I do mean ALL leftovers go into the trash. Have no idea what I'll pick up tomorrow, but it will not include anything that swims and probably not any sausage in any form. While our heat wave has calmed somewhat, nothing long-cooking either. Kind of narrows it down a bit, but I'm sure I'll find something!

We're still recovering from our week-long flurry of grandchildren. Whew!!! Gettin' old ain't for sissies. But...we had a ball and I think the children did, too.

Tonight we had eggplant Parmesan, corn-on-the cob, sliced tomatoes, and iced tea. Everything, except the cheese on the eggplant and the tea came from our garden. It was sooooo good.

We were too stuffed for dessert and too tired. Takes longer to bounce back than it used to.

Found some thick cut (1 inch thick) pork chops that actually have a bit of marbling so I'm going to grill those and some veggies (eggplant, portabella caps and zuchini). Think I'll keep the seasonings simple tonight. Salt, pepper, maybe a little cayanne on the veggies. Maybe a little garlic on the eggplant.

So, Kayelle, got pix? I always wanted to go to Alaska. I'd love a virtual tour. Hint, hint.

Missed you too!

We have a ton of pictures Z !! OMG.......what a BEAUTIFUL state!! We took a cruise up there a couple of years ago and loved it, but we didn't get to see the interior so this was the icing on the cake! Steve is busy with the trip story and pictures and as soon as he's done, it will be on the website. It will likely be a couple of days. Thanks for the interest GF. ;)
http://stevekathytravels.com

I changed my mind on the sausage, vegies and pasta. I made chicken-broccoli fettucine instead. The sausage will be for tomorrow night.

img_1029423_0_aa7a89558c19a645d943b6eb1ef186c4.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom