Dinner tuesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i was gonna cook an espagnole & leave dinner to jake.
'dinner' at school is early so i'm probably having a few dinners today.

I'm kinda out of sorts with dinners this week. We are expecting company but have not heard which evening they are arriving. We have hay on the ground and intend to bale it this afternoon/evening, so there will be no dinner tonight, I ply DH with homemade ww dinner rolls as he returns to the barn to switch equipment (tedder, rake, baler, wagon). And DH has band practice twice this week so I am alone for dinner those nights, and those two evenings are unknown at this point.

I have 7 fall broccoli's and one needs to be cut. Have Kadesma's Swiss broccoli soup in mind for the first broccoli. May save that for when the guests are here.

Looks like dinner tonight will be down at school. I've got a group project meeting instead of class, so we're meeting at a little place just off of campus. Based on it's age, it may the ORIGINAL hang crap on the wall bar/restaurant. The difference is that all of their stuff was current when it got hung up!! :ROFLMAO:

John

i think i may make snow crab legs. not sure how yet.

btw, i noticed yesterday that king crab is 8.99/lb, and snow were 4.99/lb.

i think i'll either steam them and make 2 dips: an herb-butter, and cocktail sauce with some fresh horseradish from the garden.
or i may make a fresh sugo, and simmer the legs in it. if i have time, i'll pick up some fish and shellfish, and make cioppino.

stayed & cooked instead of school. i was exhausted today & opted for napping. cornishhens are baking, taters are boiling, & peas are simmering. we were gonna cook last night & chose to starve instead.

Ishbel said:
Cullen Skink with tattie scones!:)
I just looked up your dinner menu for this evening. Oh, it's about that time there almost yes? your meal sounds sumptuous to me. both items. I've never made either and both to me, will be a future go, thanks for the idea:-p

Plus, wish my husband liked red beans and rice, like I do. he doesn't so if I made that, I'd have to make something totally different for him. the breaded pork chops from Opinanita yesterday sounds good so I hope that recipe is posted somewhere. if not, maybe I'll drive to the market and pick up a brisket so I can try either Sandra Lee's one, which I planned on the other day but didn't get to the market for, or as suggested on this board via a PM, Paula Deens brisket. however, after going to PD's restaurant last Monday, I'm not sure about her cuisine.:neutral: Update, it's Opinanita's pork chops that are defrosting right now. Hopefully, I'll get my question answered about the kind of chili's to use, I've PM'd to find out. Thanks Opinanita for helping with your recipe, sounds delish.:-p

Last edited:
my jake is 'bout ready to clean, too, allen. he took our garbage out & he is gonna vacuum & wash our dishes. i cooked. he cleans today.:rolleyes:

We are grilling pork chops and having roasted red potatoes and a greek salad with it.

we have a public holiday today and we had some friends over here for breakfast... and not hungry again until now.... it's 6pm...
we skipped our beef roast, we will have it tomorrow, we both still have enough..

Pork parmesan, wild rice and Italian green beans. Brach's harvest mix candy for dessert. It's my husband's favorite candy and, now that it's heaped on the Halloween shelves in the store, he'll be in sugar rush heaven for a couple of weeks.

Maple roasted chicken thighs with root veggies.
Just got a call from Jimmy he's working late again so I get to play on the computer a little longer.

DH is out painting the mobile home siding, it is overcast and looks like a good rain is on the way..I'm up to my ears baking some foccacia, so we both agreed on Chinese bbq'd pork soup and DH will have a meat loaf sandwich to go with is soup..I love this soup and the restaurant that is our favorite, sells me some bbq'd pork when I want it so, I am indulging my soup cravings tonight:LOL:

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom