Dinner Tuesday 2nd of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was actually thinking of lasagna too, Snip. That is if I can fit into my to-do list picking up mozzarella and DH's "pretend mozzarella" at two different stores. It is hot here, but I want to make pasta and we have had a lot of spaghetti in the last while.

I was actually thinking of lasagna too, Snip. That is if I can fit into my to-do list picking up mozzarella and DH's "pretend mozzarella" at two different stores. It is hot here, but I want to make pasta and we have had a lot of spaghetti in the last while.

Go for it, Lasagna is always a good choice :) Worth getting some Mozza for I say. You can make a nice fresh salad with it to keep things cool :LOL:
I was avoiding making it myself but I'm glad I did, I just don't like whisking my arm off making bechemel!
I made it with spinach lasagna sheets tonight and added extra cheese between the layers :pig:

I'm thinking wings. The yungun will be home tonight but maybe not until late. His interview is at 2:00pm and it's a 2 hour drive. He has to pack the rest of his stuff up also since his lease is up. Wings will keep if wants to eat when he gets home.

I'm thinking wings. The yungun will be home tonight but maybe not until late. His interview is at 2:00pm and it's a 2 hour drive. He has to pack the rest of his stuff up also since his lease is up. Wings will keep if wants to eat when he gets home.

Yum!

I just finished a big lunch, but I was thinking wings earlier. I just got back from a motorcycle ride and somebody was BBQing some chicken... the smell was unmistakable, or would that be undeniable? So I was thinking some form of grilled chicken with a nice sticky BBQ sauce.

My wife didn't come home from the lake yesterday, she wasn't feeling well enough to make the drive, so we will cook her the pasta dish tonight. The dirty sneaks at the supermarket set out some frozen ciabbata, so I passed on that and started some yeast going now. I will do up a few round loaves to go with dinner.

I was thinking hamburgers on the grill until the weather guesser said humiture will be 105 so I probably couldn't persuade dh to do the cooking. I may make lasagna too, but will have to substitute another pasta since I don't have lasagna noodles. Maybe we will call it something else. I'll make a green salad to go with it. I'd love to have garlic bread, but we aren't doing bread and starch in a meal so no bread for us.

It's our daughters birthday and she requested Steak and Sushi. I have 2 ribeyes marinating in mandarin,pineapple,quava teryaki.For the sushi we will be making California roll,Spicy Cal roll,Crab salad roll,Fish salad roll and we are going to try a quacomole and salsa roll that I may put some crumbled chips in.

I had a late hot dog sandwich for lunch, so I'll probably just finish up the potato salad for dinner.

Go for it, Lasagna is always a good choice :) Worth getting some Mozza for I say. You can make a nice fresh salad with it to keep things cool :LOL:
I was avoiding making it myself but I'm glad I did, I just don't like whisking my arm off making bechemel!
I made it with spinach lasagna sheets tonight and added extra cheese between the layers :pig:
Thanks, Snip. I agree lasagna is always a good choice. I was only able to go to the organic store and get DH's cheese. I had other stops and Dad with me and we were running low on time to get him back for his afternoon snack and meds. But I think I had already talked myself into sloppy joes before we left! I will do lasagna one of these days!

When we worked at a summer camp I was in charge of making lasagna every week for 600 people, plus my thirty special diets. Now I need to be right in the mood to make it at home :)

I'm glad yours turned out well!

Changed our minds. Too hot in the kitchen even for salad assembly. Calling out for Chinese to be delivered.

I never made it out to pick up some chicken, so it will be the parsley potatoes I never made the other night and a perch sandwich. I might heat up the leftover maque choux, too, but I've kind of been saving it to add to some corn bread. I'll have to see if my sugar snap peas are still good. I know I want something else...

Pan fried boneless pork loin chops topped with pork gravy and tossed salad.

img_1032725_0_af65cf335735d2b46fa2222823a16f92.jpg

Back
Top Bottom