Dinner Tuesday 3-25-2014 ~ Feed me, Seymour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
If you aren't cooking today, are you at least eating?

I'll be using the packages of "Prima Pasta" I bought a week or two ago - Spinach Ricotta for me, Chicken Prosciutto for Himself. I'm trying a new recipe for a creamy sauce that I'll use with some sauteed mushrooms. Salads too - gotta make up for yesterday's shortcake. :ermm:

We had spaghetti and meat sauce. I'm still 2 hours behind from our trip so we ate early.

Today I cooked a pot roast in the pressure cooker. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder and browned it well in a little bit of oil. I put sliced onion, celery and carrots in the bottom of the cooker and put the roast on top. I deglazed the browning pan with white wine and put that in the cooker with some water to be sure I had enough liquid. It was very, very tasty!

I also cooked some asparagus in my grill pan. I have never done it that way before. I just used some olive oil and seasoning. I used greek seasoning and I wasn't crazy about the taste but DH liked it. It was lightly browned and crisp tender. I will do that again.

Along with a baked potato for DH, it was a good meal for a Tuesday night.

Ice cream for dessert.

I apparently saved the wrong recipe last night. Could not find the right (tasty-sounding) one to save my life. Spent so much time looking I was too hungry to play with ingredient,s so I sauteed the mushrooms and added my emergency jar of Alfredo sauce, thinned out with a fair measure of wine. Tasty enough and filled the belly. Now where is that recipe I saw...

Back
Top Bottom