Dinner Tuesday, 8-14-2018 ~ Happy Birthday Steve Martin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Funny guy. Turns 73 today. In case you have no idea: 10 Things You Might Not Know About Steve Martin

No guests of honor at our table tonight, so they'll be missing out on what I call Mexican chicken. Easy supper of chicken breasts that are browned, then simmered in that jar of salsa that I want to get out of the fridge. I'll serve them along side rice and black beans, and pan-fried corn kernels seasoned with...? Seasoning to be decided later.

What are you serving up at your place today?

Interesting article, CG. I knew zero out of 10 of those tidbits about Steve Martin. :LOL: Love that guy!

I'll be having those beautiful Argentine shrimp I dug out of the freezer yesterday. I think I'm going to just roast them and enjoy with a simple blend of butter, garlic, and parsley. Side will be either steamed broccoli or a salad - I'm leaning towards salad. I think it will go better with shrimp, plus it's a nice and cool side.

welp... appointments this morning so, we decided to have an early dinner in a fave diner..

I had country fried steak and mashed potatoes... Jeannie had a patty melt and salad..

I did thaw a cake I made and froze last week tho.. (I generally bake 2- 5X7 Pyrex dishes and freeze 1 )

I'll frost it up and Bob's your Uncle.. ;)

Ross

We’re having an appetizer dinner. A couple of different Asian dumplings and some jalapeño poppers. I have a new dipping sauce recipe to try as well.

That's a pretty funny clip of Steve Martin on The Dating Game,
twice AND won each time! :LOL:
I knew 3 out of 10 of those fun facts about him, #3,5 & 10, funny guy!

Oh dinner :chef:

It rumbled and grumbled real loud outside, but no rain nor thunderstorm so ...

001.jpg
Linner of grilled NY Strip Steak,
sweet peppers, onions, zucchini and steamed sweet corn on the cob

002.jpg
with that lovely compound butter from Kerrygold :yum:

003.jpg
and for dessert later, we'll finish off those
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies,
I shared with The Boys next door and Miss Neighbor-Across-The-Street
;)

Sorry to hear that, Rock. Time to put some ice on, lay down with your ankle elevated, and get the gf to bring you cold beer. (my expert medical advice).

Ever since our trip to Sanibel this summer, where we discovered a delicious new take on the NY classic Reuben sandwich utilizing blackened fish, we've been making them almost every week. Fish, sauerkraut, cheese, Thousand Island, and rye sounds weird, but it's really good. Plus, it's a healthier alternative which makes my wife happy.

So, tonight was blackened Mahi Mahi Reubens: (the one in the upper right had low fat cheese, for you know who)

Attachments

• 0814181744_HDR.jpg
    0814181744_HDR.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Oh Rock! I hope your ankle isn't seriously hurt.

Dinner done and cleaned up. Waiting for things to settle before dessert, which just went into the toaster oven.

Chicken has melted CoJack cheese under the sauce; rice and beans have lime juice and Penzeys AZ Dreaming seasoning; and the corn was seasoned with Tajin and mixed with Cojita cheese. *Burp*
IMG_20180814_191754362.jpg

Thanks BT. Great advice. But, I think I’ll just sit here in emergency for the next two hours with no dinner and no beer to hopefully be told it is just a sprain.

This is probably beyond beer treatment, I'd go with whiskey. :mrgreen:

CD

I decided to join the shrimp parade. Sautéed in butter, garlic and diced mammoth mutant cayenne peppers from my garden, served with penne pasta.

CD

Just got home..I sustained a sprain, thankfully.. too late for alky-hol so almond milk it is..
Glad to hear it’s just a sprain. Still painful, I know. I feel for you! Treat it gently, use ice and an NSAID, and have people wait on you for a few days. Hope you heal quickly!

Back
Top Bottom