Dinner Tuesday, 9-17-2013 ~ Feed Me Seymour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We took advantage of the low lobster prices. We steamed, picked, vacu-packed and froze several 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounders. Last night we made lobster newberg.:yum:

We took advantage of the low lobster prices. We steamed, picked, vacu-packed and froze several 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounders. Last night we made lobster newberg.:yum:
images

Wallet cheese?! :LOL:
I like my American cheese from the deli. It has a different texture than Kraft or Velveeta singles in the plastic wrapping and isn't quite as moist. I like grabbing a slice or two and eating it plain. It probably wouldn't hold up as well in a wallet though. ;)
Agreed. I like Land-of-Lakes best, with Whatever's-on-Sale running second. ;)

Wallet cheese?! :LOL:
I like my American cheese from the deli. It has a different texture than Kraft or Velveeta singles in the plastic wrapping and isn't quite as moist. I like grabbing a slice or two and eating it plain. It probably wouldn't hold up as well in a wallet though. ;)

That's because American cheese has grades. The stuff they slice to order in the deli is processed cheese. That's what American cheese is. It used to be real cheese mixed with milk products and formed into a log or brick shape. Now it's made from scratch as processed cheese.

The stuff in the singles wrappers is Processed cheese food, a further dilution of the processed cheese in the deli. In some cases it may not even have the word cheese on the package because it doesn't legally qualify. If you pick up a package labeled "American Slices", it's Frankenfood. Put it down and head for the deli counter.

Well, the stuff in the plastic wrap does make for better *cheese* to wrap dog pills in. It holds together and sticks to itself better ;)

Those plastic slices of plastic cheese do have their merits. It would be more trouble to stick a slice of deli cheese in your wallet. "cheesy grin>:mrgreen:<cheesy grin"

Back
Top Bottom