Dinner Tuesday, 9-17-2013 ~ Feed Me Seymour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Still cool-weather eating around here. I already have my brats simmering in the crockpot, loaded with sauerkraut and doused with a half-bottle of beer. Bass Ale, since I didn't have anything dark. :( I'll roast up the Brussels sprouts in the fridge later, and make a passel of mashed potatoes to use as a bed for all that good sauerkraut. *groan* :yum: If there are any apples in the fridge that are past their prime I might cut them up, mix with a little butter and nutmeg and a lot of cinnamon, and load into a CI pan that I'll put in the oven with the sprouts.

I'm hoping to get to that roast beef dinner I did not make last night. Those coddies I had as an appetizer really filled me up and I wasn't hungry until this morning.

I'm marinating some shrimp in a spicy marinade and serving it with toasted pine nut couscous.

I am making chicken alfredo with penne and either broccoli or green beans from the freezer either one finished with lemon garlic butter. Rich, yes, but I don't eat too large a serving. Sliced tomato alongside.

DH is out of town (as usual during the week lately) and the yungun went to visit a friend and said he won't be home for dinner. Since it's just me, I'll do left overs. Choices are pot roast, chicken wings, mac and cheese, baked potato, beefy rice, salad. We'll see what I feel like warming up when I get hungry.

We had ham and cheese omelets. Cooked in butter, and even though we used those american cheese slices....you know the ones...looks like cheese but has the texture of plastic. They turned out mighty tasty even if it ain't the most healthy thing to eat.

Top rounds cooked Baltimore Pit Beef style are definitely in my rotation now. I haven't enjoyed the flavor of beef like this in a long time. Even the sandwiches for lunch are nudging out Canadian bacon :ohmy:
Open faced sandwich :yum: "Dinor" food.

Attachments

• Open faced beef dinner.jpg
    Open faced beef dinner.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 180
We had ham and cheese omelets. Cooked in butter, and even though we used those american cheese slices....you know the ones...looks like cheese but has the texture of plastic. They turned out mighty tasty even if it ain't the most healthy thing to eat.
Are you talking about something like Kraft Singles? Our son used to call it "Wallet Cheese" because he would carry a slice or two in his wallet! :ohmy: :LOL:

Are you talking about something like Kraft Singles? Our son used to call it "Wallet Cheese" because he would carry a slice or two in his wallet! :ohmy: :LOL:

Yummy looking stuff, Pac and Roch!

There is nothing wrong with wallet cheese :LOL: It's also the best thing for home made Egg McMuffins! Our Family low fat brand is regularily on sale, and I think it's pretty good, melts nicely.

We had what DH previously proclaimed disgusting last night, tonight, he wolfed it down: sliced cherry tomatoes, grapes, diced cukes, cottage cheese, sunflower and chia seeds, and dressings of choice. We would have added turkey breast lunch meat too, but it had expired in August.

Last edited:
Those meals look super, Roch and Pac.

I was pooped after shopping. I knew I would be, so I picked up bagels. I had some freshly made quark in the fridge and I told Stirling to defrost the smoked salmon. We had toasted bagels with smoked salmon on quark with sliced red onion and capers. That really hit the spot.

We decided not to stick half of the lox back in the freezer as we usually do. We could finish the whole 500 gram package of smoked salmon. We seem to have had a smoked salmon deficit. I have some quark draining in the fridge now.

...There is nothing wrong with wallet cheese :LOL:...
Never said there was! :LOL: It was a good thing when the kid had it with him when he and his middle-school buddy would go out biking for the day. One day they took off for parts unknown, snack bags packed and water bottles full, plus a bit of cash in the pockets. By the time they got back they had peddled to Mansfield OH and back - about 120 miles round-trip. Yikes!

Loaded nachos does sound good. I have a ton of leftovers for Wednesday supper, but I might just let them wait another day and make Taco Pot for supper instead. IF I have chips, that is...:ermm:

Wallet cheese?! :LOL:
I like my American cheese from the deli. It has a different texture than Kraft or Velveeta singles in the plastic wrapping and isn't quite as moist. I like grabbing a slice or two and eating it plain. It probably wouldn't hold up as well in a wallet though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom