Dinner, Tuesday April 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Another day of cooking, we are having -HAM, of course, mashed potatoes, green beans,cole slaw, rolls and pie for dessert.

Last edited:
cheese topped White fish baked in the oven, and I`ve sauteed some celery and onion in plenty butter then added vegetable stock, brought that to the boil then let it cool, later I`ll bring it up to temp again and stir in some Instant Mash :)

I'm going to use up some leftovers by making a ham, cheese, broccoli and potato casserole. :)

Not sure yet; However, I am sure it will have pork as the meat because I still have this whole pig to use up.

I can't decide....when I did the groceries last week I had pencilled in a soup for today, but its just too warm, maybe I'll make a salade niscoise...

ETA...having spoken to a hungry dh I'm going to make a simple fresh tomato and basil sauce for pasta for him....too much for me so I'll fruit it tonight.

Last edited:
We are having dawgs on the grill (hot dogs that is) and corn. I have to bake a triple chocolate cake tonight for a co-workers b-day tomorrow so we are having an easy and quick dinner.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from the personnel department informing me that I am invited to a "Company Luncheon" in the break room downstairs. Unfortunately, I was informed this morning that the fare de jour will be fajitas. I HATE CAL-MEX FOOD!

Fortunately, this morning is my sleep-induced stupor, I had forgotten about the invitation and packed some tropical beef, coconut pineapple rice, and mixed Asian vegetables, so I won't have to suffer through the fajitas.:-p

Tonight I am invited to some friends home and she and her daughter are excellent cooks. I will go out later to Trader Joes and get some bottles of wine to bring over.

Back to the ham tonight....I'm just reheating it and trying to clean out a lot of the other leftovers, as well--roasted carrots, peas, potato casserole, cranberries. THe only thing we don't have left is dessert!:LOL:

I love Trader Joe's! Great store!
Tonight I'm making home made pizza with fresh pizza dough from Trader Joes. And a nice salad.

I've got some steaks thawing. Hope to light off the grill but may do under broiler. I'll do up the potatoes I have left and maybe some carrots or broccoli or some other veggie.

Beef stew here. I started it in the crock pot this am. Never made it in a crock pot before. Always simmered it in my cast iron dutch oven, felt that was the proper way to make beef stew.

and NY Times bread

We are having just some grilled steaks, I have some nice fresh pasta and will cook and toss with butter, toasted walnuts,some nutmeg,dry grated jack cheese salt and pepper and then sprinkle with some fresh chopped flat leaf parsley, a big green salad and warm french bread...Dh was sent home from work yesterday with a cake so that is the dessert...

kadesma

spryte said:
Well... I'm making chicken fajita quesadillas for dinner... Caine... I guess you won't be joining us?

Set a place for me. I can come and watch everyone else eat. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom